Just spent a fantastic two nights at the West Usk Lighthouse and wish I had never left. We stayed in the Principal Keeper's room, complete with water bed, and adored it. My companion had always wanted to stay in a lighthouse and it was truly worth the wait. Gorgeous comfy room (water bed was SOOOO lovely), tea, coffee, fresh milk and biscuits all on tap as well as a great selection of DVDs to borrow. The views are amazing from the lamp room and though we didn't try the hot tub, it looked very inviting. Frank's breakfasts are hearty (we didn't eat again for the rest of the day) and he is full of tales of the history of the lighthouse which is absolutely fascinating. My abiding memory will be of lying next to my gorgeous man on my gorgeous water bed with the sun streaming through the window on Sunday morning - all we can see are blue skies and water - all we can hear are the birds chirping - with the smell of a yummy breakfast wafting up the spiral staircase. A wonderful unusual place to stay that will remain in my heart forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Super B&B in a real Lighthouse, near Newport Gwent with 4-poster beds and a waterbed, all en-suite. There is a hot tub on the roof! Great for families, hen nights, birthday celebrations, special anniversaries. We now have a wedding license for up to 23 guests. When there is a group booking, the lighthouse is not available to others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your West Usk Lighthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Usk Lighthouse Hotel St. Brides Wentlooge
- West Usk Lighthouse Newport/St. Brides Wentlooge, Wales