This is a quiet B&B that managed to combine modern amenities with the old romantic feel of the lighthouse. The rooms are decorated with the old maritime artifacts, the stairs and the outside area adds to the charm of what one would expect of a lighthouse. The lighthouse is located away from any major roads and houses so the area is incredibly quiet. There are some nice, sea side walks leading from it. There is certainly a sense of romanticism as you drive up the final stretch with the lighthouse surrounded by trees - looks great at night. The BIG plus of the place is the portable spa (40 degrees) which is located on the upper level. It has great views of the bay as you seat in the hot tub...Whether it rains or not is irrelevant, the tub is open 24 hours.......Finally, the breakfast was just fine, Sparkie is the cutest dog and Frank is very friendly and informative and goes over the top to make you feel welcomed. I have checked a number of lighthouses around UK and this one is at the lower end of the budget, but with that hot tub, its a winner....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Super B&B in a real Lighthouse, near Newport Gwent with 4-poster beds and a waterbed, all en-suite. There is a hot tub on the roof! Great for families, hen nights, birthday celebrations, special anniversaries. We now have a wedding license for up to 23 guests. When there is a group booking, the lighthouse is not available to others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your West Usk Lighthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Usk Lighthouse Hotel St. Brides Wentlooge
- West Usk Lighthouse Newport/St. Brides Wentlooge, Wales