“Great day out for all the family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walnut Tree Farm Park

Walnut Tree Farm Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Walnut Tree Farm Park has something to offer children of all ages. It has been a working farm for over 50 years and has opened to the public as a farm park in the last few years. We boast a wide variety of animals including horses, lamas, goats, pigs, ducks, alpacas, donkeys, sheep, highland cattle and our friendly reindeer. The children can make friends with the rabbits and guinea pigs in our petting area. The children are given the opportunity to have a pony ride. Explore the farm on our Tractor ride. Large Play Areas Adventure playground and large indoor and outdoor play areas. Child friendly activity areas with swings, slides, climbing frames and loads of wood chipping's. A safe toddler friendly area for the little ones to have fun. We have a new soft-play area next to the cafe. Go-Kart Racing Pedal power racing around our purpose built circuit Country Walks Over 80 acres of country walks including 3 fishing lakes. Follow the farm-trail to see even more farm animals in their paddocks Picnic Areas We have some great picnic areas on-site. Bring a picnic and enjoy it either indoors or outdoors Cafe and Shop We offer a selection of wholesome meals, snacks, teas, variety of speciality coffees and cold drinks in our new spacious cafe. Souvenir's, gifts and animal feed are all available in the shop We offer discounts for large group bookings. We can also organise offsite visits and bring selected animals to your school, for example our reindeer and donkey could pay you a visit at Christmas!
South Wales
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day out for all the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Fantastic day out here, the weather was great which always helps. Loads to do. Really clean, the animals are really well looked after. Tractor ride was good fun too. The chips in the cafe are the best we have had in a long time. We bought a pack of locally produced sausages as well when we were leaving and they were amazing and will definitely be back for more. Great day out, excellent value, great staff.

Visited September 2012

Cardiff, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day out, well kept animals and farm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

In comparison to other farms I have been to, Walnut Tree Farm was a great day out.
The animals had nice large areas, they looked very well cared for and weren't butting the fences with their heads of hooves for food like I have seen in other farms. Good variety of animals too. Loved the reindeers.
Could do with more staff. But the ones I saw were very friendly.
Had a birthday party there too last year and it was good value for money. Nice party room and very reasonable per head at £10.
My sons both rode a horse for £2 which was great and not rushed.
Would definitely recommend this farm.

Newport, Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sadly neglected - avoid!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went here last year and enjoyed it, but today we had a bad time:

1. It's now under-staffed. There was no-one on reception when we arrived. I only saw two staff the whole time we were there.
2. There're fewer animals, and they don't seem very well-groomed. Probably fine for an actual farm, but these are supposed to be for children to pet, so I'd expect a higher standard of cleanliness.
3. It smells BAD! Now, I've got farmers in my family, so I'm no wimp, but really! The smell of urine made my eyes water. There was no WAY we were going to visit the Cafe upstairs; my stomach churned at the very thought. Even worse, right in the middle of all the pens, there was a children's party room. I pity anyone who books this. I can't imagine a less-appetizing place to eat jelly and cake.
4. The bag of feed was reasonable at 50p, but seemed to consist of mostly dust. Consequently, by the time my daughter had fed a few animals, she had a thick layer of congealed animal feed-dust stuck to her palm.

To be fair, the kids seemed to enjoy it, particularly the pedal-cars in the play area. (I was amazed they didn't complain about the smell.) There are better days out for your money, though.

Faversham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Terrible, not even worth £15!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We arrived all excited about what we were about to endure, but this was very short lived! The entrance to the Farm was very un-inviting and the foyer were you paid looked empty and un-finished. Once we had paid £15 we walked through to a very empty looking barn which had rabbits and chickens to the right of the building and livestock to the centre. What made me laugh was the petting area which was an over sized looking sand pit with one rabbit in the middle of it! The rabbit hutches were disgustingly filthy and very smelly, and flies were everywhere. There were a few goats and pigs to look at in the barn which we whipped through quickly. Now I know that pigs do often smell but this was ridiculous, the amount of excrement and urine mad our eyes water and actually made us physically wretch. we then ventured outside to the "Farm walk" which was another joke. This lead us to a few fields with cows, chickens, ducks, sheep, donkeys and a couple of horses. The play area was ok but could do with up-dating. We saw 2 members of staff working outside, one of them a young girl who seemed to walk around a lot not doing very much and another slightly older girl doing the horse riding which was another £2 quid each to walk about 100 yards and back. She then would stop the horse riding and then go inside to sweep out the goats.
So sorry for the negative comments but over all this was a complete waste of time and money. You could go for a lovely walk in the countryside instead with a picnic. Sorry but I am really struggling to find something positive. We spent about an hour here and half an hour of this was spent sitting on a picnic bench!

4 Thank Mel644
Wales
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Good for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Took the 3 Y Old grand daughter today, she enjoyed it immensely. Fed lots of the animals and food bags were 50p so not too expensive. She had a ride on a horse for £2.00 and enjoyed that as well. Food can be bought in room upstairs, I found it very warm and a little smelly from all the animals below. Wouldn't eat here myself. Says on a sign that there is a cold water washing facility outside but we didn't see it. Washing facilities in toilets up and downstairs for after feeding the animals.