“lovely food and great hostess”
Review of Inn at The Elm Tree - CLOSED

Inn at The Elm Tree
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Inn at the Elm Tree Restaurant is a friendly family restaurant open to everyone. At peak times (Saturday night, Sunday lunch) it is recommended that you book a table to avoid any disappointment as the restaurant can fill up quite quickly.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at another location up the road and found this by chance but what a gem of a place this is, Sue the owner was such a pleasure to meet and the food was outstanding, this place is so recommend if your in the area and i will for sure go back for a least the food and will stay there this time

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This restaurant now offers excellent food at great Value for money.I have been eating there since the 1970s when Anton owned it. Since those far off days, it has had its ups and downs, but it is now back on top.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Dining at Inn at The Elm Tree was excellent, the food was top notch and couldn't fault it. Sue was such a wonderful person to meet so funny and very helpful, it was a pleasure to meet her.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Booked Sunday lunch for two on my husbands birthday. We arrived early, but that wasn't a problem for them - we were given a table straight away and the service from start to finish was excellent. The food was lovely and good quality - the roast beef was excellent and the vegetables were all fresh and nicely presented. The only criticism was the choice of starters - very limited, but once again good quality - I had the smoked salmon and my husband had the goats cheese. We will certainly go back again, as it is lovely to have your Sunday lunch served to you at the table fresh and not have the usual carvery. If you want good quality produce - cooked to perfection, then give this excellent restaurant a try.

1  Thank ShirleyA56
Reviewed September 23, 2013

In my opinion this was one of the best Sunday roasts I've eaten in the Newport area. I went with family including 2 small children. We were well looked after by the waitresses and the chef cooked an excellent lamb roast (served with a Yorkshire pudding - winner!) and the homemade desserts were all very tasty too. Faultless in my view as it wasn't expensive either. Do book for peak mealtimes.