“St Valentines meal”
Review of The Lighthouse Inn

The Lighthouse Inn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a traditional country pub situated right on the edge of the severn estuary.We serve bar meals downstairs on thursdays, fridays and saturdays along with our popular sunday lunch.We also have a steakhouse restaurant upstairs which opens on a friday and saturday night and serves "steak on a stone" which is a hot volcanic rock that cooks your steak to perfection at your table. This restaurant is strictly adult only because of the hot rock system.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Booked a meal for Valentines day, in the upstairs restaurant, both ordered to steak which you cook at the table on a hot brick, the meal was very disappointing the novelty of cooking it on a brick soon wore off and the steak was of poor quality.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I used to be a regular diner at the lighthouse,unfortunatley it has gone drastically down hill.We visited for a evening meal at the steakhouse and whilst the surroundings upstairs are lovely, downstairs and the bar area are really grubby.The fire was non existant and the hearth overun with old ash and my family were freezing.Even the few locals were complaining and huddled around with their coats on. The toilets were in a word smelly !! Most of the staff were congregated around the bar area,not very proffessional at all.The main route to the Lighthouse is currently closed and we had to make a long diverted journey to keep our booking. I dont think I will be making a return journey to near in the future.

2  Thank Kath1471622
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my partner love a visit to the Light house Inn. Small background there used to be 3 popular pubs within the a few miles of each other, The Six Bells, Church House Inn and the Light House itself, The Six Bells - no atmosphere dead and empty, Church House good pub but closed and then Light House. My old Man loves the place and visits mosts days and when I visit my pops I try my best to pop in. Its a rustic place downstairs; open fire, traditional bar, family service and good ales. its a movie atmosphere at times a "blast from the past" wood, fire, old and rustic.Upstairs they have "steakstones" resturant open on weekends and fridays i think, the suroundings here are more tranquil and food here is higher qualitiy not "pub food" which is down stairs though well worth a try. There are 4 things I like a bout this pub 1. Service, a great familty unit, Dave is a great bar manager best ive seen and his sister Vicky is a joy to behold a great chef and very friendly and helpful. 2 the atmosphere and open fire 3. the ale Thomas Watkins, Brains,guest etc and on draught! 4. Dave (Bacardi) a living legend you can learn a tale or two from you may find him there Monday, Friday, Sat and Sun for sure. Best Pub in the World Lord Mike Pub, Amsterdam

3  Thank Adam P
Reviewed December 2, 2012

we went to the steakhouse for the first time last night and were blown away by the quality of the food the attentiveness of the staff the ambeiance of the surroundings and quite importantly in these times the value for money Others have commented on the friendliness of the family who run the pub and restuarant and i add my voice to that The service is friendly but professional and i would happily recommend it

1  Thank kdd
sara p, Manager at The Lighthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

What a lovely review!
Many thanks for taking the time to write it and for your recommendations.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

A very warm and welcoming inn with great food and service. The steak on the sizzles stones was great fun, utterly delicious and is highly recommended!

sara p, Manager at The Lighthouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
We look forward to welcoming you again.