“Rooms in desperate need of refurbishment.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Three Saints Hotel

Three Saints Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pontyclun
Vale Of Glamorgan, South Wales, Uk
“Rooms in desperate need of refurbishment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on Saturday 8th March as we were attending a birthday party nearby. Upon arrival the man on reception was very friendly he checked us and off we went. Room 13! The bed was awful you could feel every spring so we asked to be moved. Again the man was very nice and gave us room 6. The bed was much better. Both rooms decor was awful very very dated with carpet in the bathroom!! The price is very steep for the quality.
On the plus side the shower was very powerful and hot, breakfast was standard English but really good and all staff were friendly. Needs a desperate upgrade to rooms.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cluky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brithdir
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay over - tripadvisor reviews were enough to deter! Food not bad though the kept warm buffet looked far less appetising than the pre ordered Christmas meal. Facilities grimy - glad not to have needed to use them repeatedly. Colleagues suggested this place had come a long way since it's rough and ready reputation of several years ago - if this is the case then I'm glad to have only been a recent visitor. Husband remained in the car when collecting us and watched two "ladies" fighting in the car park before we went out to the car. Rough and ready would be my summary. Our party had scrubbed up well for their party and were significantly overdressed for the venue.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Onkar S, General Manager at Three Saints Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hi Their

Firstly may I say thank you fro your comments, we appreciate all feedback and always try to act upon them. Thank you for coming to our premise for xmas work party, we hope you had a great time and enjoyed the food.

Regarding the comment about the world buffet, we always have a high majority of clients that love our buffet and if you had some then we believe you would have enjoyed it.

The hotel for many years before the current owners did have reputation of rough and ready however our clients in the restaurant and bar currently have a great time.

Stating our place as grimy describes that grimy is not fair reflection as you are stating that this premise is "Run down" when a lot of work as been spent inside to make it an ideal area for clients and party goers to come and linking the previous owners reputation to ours may have had sway in your review.

When in any Xmas party when alcohol is involved then people may be in situations as result of the alcohol. If any incidents is reported to us be inside or outside near the doors of the premise then we will deal with it as best as we can.

However the Hotel cannot be responsible for clients activity such as you described hence cannot be a fair reflection on the hotel, this this doesn't not make us Rough and Ready.

Again thank you for coming and if you would like to contact me direct then please as I would like your experience next time to be a great one and if I can make that happen then please let me know.

Take Care

Onkar

Travelers are raving about these Pontyclun hotels

lincoln
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had to visit the Royal Glamorgan Hospital which just down the road.
On arrival I asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper. Unfortunately the heating in the room was not working so I had to move to another which was far from quiet.
My sleep was disturbed due to the various noises from adjacent rooms which in conjunction with a very hard mattress meant that I did not sleep well.
Much of the Hotel is very tired and in places grubby, for example the light switch in room 5 was caked in grime which I would suggest had accumulated over a period of years.
I ate at Hotel (they offer a 50 dish buffet from around the world) and I would recommend the Indian food, by comparison the Chinese food ranged from average to dire what's more all of it was too salty for my taste.
The breakfast was very good as were the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank impulsivearies
Surrey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a work trip where the choice of hotel wasn't mine and although the experience wasn't awful, I wouldn't care to repeat it all that soon.

Room was large enough but very cold until I turned the heater on, a lighter was left in the room (?), the door knob had come clean off the room door and not been replaced and the bathroom was very draughty. Ventured down to the buffet dinner and regretted it - cheap kids party foods like turkey dinosaurs aren't all that appealing to me. Not worth the £12 I paid for the few bits I didn't mind eating.

Staff friendly enough but I overheard a young man asking the owner for a wifi password to be told "I don't know, there's probably one" which seemed a little ridiculous as they boast free internet access. No connection in room without said password - fine for me but possibly frustrating for those who need it for work etc.

Overall an adequate place to stay and clean enough but just not quite good enough for a return visit.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank PinkYogi85
Wokingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very easy to find - just up the road from The Royal Mint.Close to the Historic town of Llantrisant - it,s well worth taking in the Town. Plenty of parking,.fantastic buffet breakfast freshly cooked and tasty. Very clean but tired - refurb is taking place would hope they get rid of the carpets in the bathroom and put a bin in there.The staff are very friendly and helpful - would have no trouble recommending it but would be prepared to pay a bit more when upgraded.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank David H
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was calling at this hotel from few days to book a room but always one guy picks ma call sounding drunk as if he was saying I am in bar and disconnecting a my call 3 times this a disrespectful thing I ever experienced in my life while staying in so many hotels worldwide.....
RIP 3saints.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Monkey T
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

If you need something that will put a roof over your head but little more this is the place. The rooms where tierd and a damp but clean. TVs worked and the water was warm. The bar was open late and lively. The staff were very helpful and friendly making it an acceptable place to crash.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontyclun
Premier Inn Llantrisant Hotel
The Wyndham Arms
#1 of 9 in Bridgend
Premier Inn Caerphilly (Corbetts Lane) Hotel
Premier Inn Bridgend (M4, J35) Hotel

Been to Three Saints Hotel? Share your experiences!