“Pleasant surprise”
Review of The Bute - CLOSED

The Bute
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a bar and brasserie in the heart of Pontyclun
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I loved this place in the 90's when it was a wild place to go drinking & I love it now. Quality food, excellent staff & a fantastic place to meet & have drinks. Glad Pontyclun has this place open again.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was odd walking in - a pub that had ceased to be, now newly reopened. Although the decor is minimal and perhaps a little stark, my first impression was how clean and very different the new Bute is. The service was a tad slow to begin with but as the place filled up, it actually got much quicker - the staff were diligent and attentive without being overbearing. The food came out at a reasonable pace - we were neither waiting too long nor having courses thrown at us; the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. The food itself was fantastic and was very reasonably priced; as there were four of us, we tried a variety of dishes from the little plate options to start and then from the grill. My starter of prawns were just fabulous but rather messy to eat so the accompanying finger bowl was very much appreciated. The garlic chicken was succulent and I could taste the fresh tarragon used in the aioli. My daughter and her friend chose different steaks (cooked to different preferences) and both were apparently cooked just right. I was too full to sample the dessert menu and settled for a coffee instead. Would definitely recommend it and can't wait to go again.