“Lovely, warming welcome”
Review of Miskin Arms

Miskin Arms
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Pontyclun
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A friendly country pub Restaurant . One minute off junction 34 on the M4, easy access and good parking at the rear of the building.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a lovely pub with very warm and friendly staff. I love visiting this place, periodically and am never left disappointed.

1  Thank David K

Reviewed August 16, 2013

good menu, good prices, ok service. some areas of the restaurant are a little dark for daytime dining

1  Thank Sharoi
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Friendly atmosphere. Like a cosy local - serving very good home cooked food!! Nicely maintained little gardens and pots.
Excellent service. Lovely food!!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice pub, friendly staff & landlord, great beer, but if your looking for good food don't bother... Standard Breakbrothers fare, don't think there was anything on the menu that was home made. Wife had lasagne & even that was obviously bought in, I had overcooked battered fish which could not have been more than 4oz of fish covered in 4oz of batter. Very, very disappointing, great pub for a drink but food forget it.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Miskin used to be a family favourite when I was a child, this changed when my relatives decided that they weren't too keen on the new owners. Quite a few years have passed now but I still continuously hear people commenting on how rude they are. Nevertheless, on a sunny day me and a friend decided to pay The Miskin a visit as it has a particularly nice outdoor seating area. The landlord only confirmed the truth in all the negative things I have heard about him. I simply asked the barman if my beer could be kept in the bottle instead of poured into a glass (I just prefer it that way) and before the poor boy could even respond the landlord raised his voice at me claiming they never let anybody drink out of bottles! His tone and attitude towards such a simple request were so appalling that we walked straight out and moved onto another pub. I'm not prepared to give my money to somebody that rude.

2  Thank samotha94