“You'll keep going back!”
Review of Fullbrook's Bistro

Fullbrook's Bistro
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Pontyclun
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a fully air conditioned 36 seater restaurant, with a modern decor and relaxed ambience. We serve simple unpretentious food all cooked fresh to order, complimented by a good selection of fine wines and drinks.We serve everything from fresh ground coffee and a sandwich to our full ala carte evening menu, we also serve our traditional 3 course Sunday lunch. The restaurant lends itself perfectly for private parties and celebrations a set menu can be tailored to your requirements. Come visit us at Fullbrook's Bistro, Pontyclun.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“You'll keep going back!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We frequent FullBrooks because we love the fresh well cooked food, imaginative & well thought out menu to satisfy any taste, intimate and friendly atmosphere and personable staff who however busy always have time to welcome us with a smile and a chat.
Whether it's a long girlie lunch, a celebration, a romantic evening or if I just can't be bothered to cook we need very few excuses to go to FullBrooks.
WARNING if you have the mussels or cheescake you WILL be addicted!
Guess what I'm having to eat tomorrow night when we go for my sons Birthday?

• Visited March 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Small but cosy & pleasant”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Ate at this restaurant and was impressed with the menu. The service was good and the food was well up to standard. Prices were a little higher than average but well worth the money. A very welcoming restaurant and an ideal choice for a quiet evening. Would definately book again.

Visited April 2012
wales uk
“Great food!!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I celebrated my birthday with a family of 10 and there was a variety of dishes and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was very tasty and all was cooked to perfection! Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2013
“Excellent!!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Fullbrook's has been consistently top notch!

We were a big party of 10 last night and we were all impressed by the starters, mains and deserts. Service was excellent, food arrived at the same time and served hot! Veg and Chicken top quality! All in all, we will all be heading back to enjoy another outstanding meal. Compliments to the chef & staff.

Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“Shame”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went to Fullbrooks with my husband. Everything seemed promising. I liked the atmosphere and the lady serving us was lovely.

I ordered the chicken curry and my husband ordered the chicken salad. As soon as I saw it I could see that the chicken curry wasn't made with real chicken. It had a very strange texture and colour. In fact after much investigation I realised that it was reformed chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This curry was being charged at £8.75. I wouldn't eat ready meals with this stuff in, let alone eat it in a bistro. For the life of me, I have no idea why this restaurant believes that this is acceptable.

The shame is that everything else tasted lovely. The curry sauce was lovely, my husbands chicken salad was nice ( and had real chicken). The fish and chips looked gorgeous too

It's a shame that through using sub standard produce in the chicken curry has lost them a good customer

I still feel ill thinking about that chicken and I'm still furious that they believe that it's acceptable

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 552071Sbel
Fully123, Owner at Fullbrook's Bistro, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. I was disappointed to find you were un happy with your curry, firstly the chicken used is not reformed it is breast of chicken cut into strips
and sourced from our butcher. I am sorry it was not to your liking as I have used this chicken in our curry for the past 6 years and never had a complaint. That being said if it was not to your liking then fair enough.
When people are served in our restaurant they are always checked on to make sure that they are happy with their food. If you were so "furious" why didnt you say on the day when we could have sorted you out with an alternative meal, we would rather you tell us at the time so we atleast have a chance to send you away as a satisfied customer.
If you would like to visit us again I would quite happily serve you 2 complimentary meals
as a way of making up for your disappointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Regards