“Fantastic night out”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went on Friday evening when Scott the singer was on. The meal was fantastic and so filling - I had the pizza and it was massive. I was a bit disappointed I couldn't fit a dessert in but couldn't bring myself to leave any of the pizza to make room as it was so delicious. Scott was brilliant - so entertaining and really involved everyone - he really made the night. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Tammy N
There are newer reviews for Da Gennaro

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited Da Gennaro recently..and can only describe as very average bordering on poor. This is less restaurant and nearer cafe with paper napkins, basic tables and poor facilities. The service is cafe style with little attention and staff chatting to each other by the bar. Food is very average ...with a nice sounding Italian pollo and sun blessed tomatoes dish, turning out to be a morrisons chicken breast with tinned tomatoes, frozen veg and and lots of olives (not mentioned in the dish description) chucked in.... Parmesan was offered from a thimble full dish with a sugar spoon. I don't normally complain and I promise you...I'm not fussy...but I could have served this up at home for a tenner.... Suggest owners remove the hand written note on the back of the ladies door with "[--] and [--] good [--] here in 2010" as Im not sure it adds to the ambiance.....

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I go to da gennaro a lot and the food is always fantastic the portions are huge and the rack of lamb was the best I have ever had. We went on new years Eve and they had a singer they even hadd delicious cocktails. The service was as always excexcellent I will continue to keep going back great value for money you can even bring your own wine best place in Barry by far!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went for a girlie night out. Having spent a fair amount of time in nothern Italy, I can be a bit over critical when it comes to the cuisine. That said, the mozzarella/tomato starter was pretty tasteless, I put this down to the quality of the cheese used. The main course was much better, pollo cacciatore. The sauce was tasty and the chicken tender and not dry. A huge plus point here is that you can take your own wine, which makes for great savings. My colleagues had lasagna and really enjoyed it. A high five for the chips, which were really nice.

The service was good, and on Friday nights they have a singer who was VERY entertaining. In fact, he probably made the night. Again, small gripe, we had paid a £30 deposit which they then forgot to take off the final bill. This could have been easily missed by a group of six vino laden women. Fortunately it was not missed and quickly rectified. Would I go again - yes, particularly when the singer is in town.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The food in this family run business is always excellent. We have been coming here regularly with our son for years and now feel we are part of their extended family, due to the care & attention we receive whenever we visit. The only problem is we can t always finish the food as the portion are always generous. It s a good job they provide doggy bags!