“Exceptional food and value”
Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #15 of 114 Restaurants in Barry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Barry, United Kingdom
“Exceptional food and value”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Each time I visit I am always impressed with the creative and imaginative use of ingredients.Every dish requires considerable effort from the chef and it is hugely rewarding to sample food prepared by somebody who clearly knows what they're doing.As the menu changes so frequently there is no chance that you will become bored by whats on offer, which is so often the case with too many restaurants.
The waiting staff are attentive and seem genuinely interested to ensure that your dining experience is enjoyable ,a stark contrast to so many places where customer service can really spoil a meal.
In terms of value for money I really have no idea how this standard is sustainable as there is no hint of cost saving or cutting corners.Both my wife and I feel that the Gallery has become our favourite place to eat and we would highly recommend it to anybody who is tired with the conventional and unexciting fayre so typically on offer.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rob T

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Favourite Restaurant”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Have visited this restaurant twice now: once for mothers day and once for my mums birthday. I cannot speak more highly of this place! The service, value and quality of food is absolutely incredible. My little sister is quite a fussy eater and the chefs, on both occasions, have been more than happy to make her an off menu plain chicken and chips, which incidentally are not ordinary chicken and chips! Absolutely delicious. The changing monthly menu will no doubt keep me coming back. Every dish I've tried has been exceptional. Sat out in the beer garden this time with drinks after dinner which was a lovely addition to the evening. I will be recommending this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank L0lli09
“Just amazing”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Love love love this restaurant I have been here many times as my son and daughter in law live close buy and it's one of their favourite restaurants we took friends last night as we were always raving about the food and wow not disappointed we had a lovely evening with beautiful food and wine and our friends are already nagging us to return well done Barney and all staff xx

1 Thank angels23
Barry
“Barry's best”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is great to have a restaurant of this standard in Barry. We have been here several times and it never disappoints.

1 Thank stacey34
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Silver Wedding treat”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was our 5th visit to the Gallery since its reopening and this time we invited friends from Cardiff to share our silver wedding celebrations. The food and service was up to the very high standard we have enjoyed previously. The pigeon starters were exceptional but all the dishes were superb. The house red washed everything down nicely. We all had a wonderful night courtesy of Barney and his team and would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Its not just the best restaurant in Barry but its good enough to entice diners into Barry from the Vale and Cardiff.

2 Thank dave w