“Lovely place”

The Welsh Hawking Centre
Ranked #8 of 21 things to do in Barry
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely place for day out. Great for family,just a genuine nice place. Highly recommended. Great for a half term when there is nothing to do.

1  Thank Shannon P

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

After reading previous comments I was apprehensive about visiting this attraction, I absolutely love owls, so it was a must for me !! I have to say I was not disappointed. Yes the place needs a bit of a revamp, but it looked as if this was under way. The birds are certainly cared for, the different birds of prey on display was amazing, there are loads of them !! We watched a Harris hawk display which was brilliant, it was very informative and I learnt a lot, the guide was a fantastic, he obviously loves the birds and was very entertaining, think his name was Jamie ? When we visited it was a drizzly, dreary day and there was us ( group of 3 ) and another group of 4 plus a baby. My son had a chance to get up close to the Harris Hawk and he loved it. This place has fantastic potential and would love to c people support it. I will definitely be returning :)))

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A large selection of owls and hawks, including the rare Golden Eagle. Please support the Centre, as it is in great need of maintenance.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently took my grandson for a visit, he is aged 5 and enjoyed watching the birds being flown. I was dissapointed to find there was no cafe area but there was a couple of drinks machines.
We found an hour or two enough as you will have seen all there is to see. Entry is quite expensive and I was glad I only had one grandson to take and not a couple of children!

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We visited the centre on a weekend, late morning/early afternoon and found the welcome more than sincere and the cashier helpful when figuring out the cheapest form of entry.

Inside, there are many examples of birds of prey, including some spectacular falcons and eagles, however I believe some of them were only around short term.

There are flying displays twice a day where volunteers can participate and have the opportunity for one of the birds to perch on their arm to be fed.

All of the staff are informative, friendly, knowledgable, approachable and passionate about their jobs and the centre as a whole.

I would recommend this place as a day out with a difference, set in the middle of the countryside offering an opportunity for all age groups to broaden their knowledge and experience with wildlife native to the UK as well as other continents.