“nice way to spend a few hour with the kids”

Porthkerry Country Park
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Barry
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice coffee shop and walk , good for families.The beach is a pebble one , so not for the faint hearted.Dogs are allowed on the beach all year and good view of the huge viaduct.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Lovely country park with outdoor play park for children! My lil one learnt to ride his bike on the grass :) Right on the pebble beach on the costal route. This year they have started charging for the car park which is a shame but not the end of the world- I just never have change on me!!

Def worth a visit, a great place in Barry :)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

beautiful walks quiet and green. parking facilities good, nice country walks including the GoldenSteps. The paths lead you down to the pebbled beach along side a small golf putting area, a lovely day out for all the family.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

A lovely country park. You can go off on a few walks, there;s a massive field for picnics and theres a little pebble beach you can go on.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

May Day lovely weather decided to take my parents out for the day. We drove to Porthkerry Park and so did lots of other people. Great open park, plenty of space to sit and chill, have a BBQ, picnic or let the children run around or play ball games. You can take a stroll down to the sea or play pitch and putt. Snack food at the cafe with decking seating outside. Due to the great weather the cafe was extremely busy, taking orders for food, ice cream, drinks. I ordered food and explained we were siting on the grass, they give you a spoon with a number on. The assistant said the food would take 30 mins, so I said I'd pop back. My partner went back after 25 mins, I followed a few mins later there appeared to be some confusion over our order. However they brought our baguettes and chips out on plates. I said I would return them. The guy apologised and said come back and you can have an ice cream on the house. I went back later to buy 2 ice creams 2 teas of which I expected to pay. The guy who spoke to me earlier was there as I was being served and said he d get my teas and my order was on the house. Bearing in mind how hectic they were I think it was as excellent gesture and I was pleasantly surprised. Chicken bacon, chicken tikka & chicken salad baguettes were delicious too!