“porthkerry barry”

Porthkerry Country Park
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Barry
Reviewed May 20, 2013

beautiful walks quiet and green. parking facilities good, nice country walks including the GoldenSteps. The paths lead you down to the pebbled beach along side a small golf putting area, a lovely day out for all the family.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"wooded area"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2013

A lovely country park. You can go off on a few walks, there;s a massive field for picnics and theres a little pebble beach you can go on.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

May Day lovely weather decided to take my parents out for the day. We drove to Porthkerry Park and so did lots of other people. Great open park, plenty of space to sit and chill, have a BBQ, picnic or let the children run around or play ball games. You can take a stroll down to the sea or play pitch and putt. Snack food at the cafe with decking seating outside. Due to the great weather the cafe was extremely busy, taking orders for food, ice cream, drinks. I ordered food and explained we were siting on the grass, they give you a spoon with a number on. The assistant said the food would take 30 mins, so I said I'd pop back. My partner went back after 25 mins, I followed a few mins later there appeared to be some confusion over our order. However they brought our baguettes and chips out on plates. I said I would return them. The guy apologised and said come back and you can have an ice cream on the house. I went back later to buy 2 ice creams 2 teas of which I expected to pay. The guy who spoke to me earlier was there as I was being served and said he d get my teas and my order was on the house. Bearing in mind how hectic they were I think it was as excellent gesture and I was pleasantly surprised. Chicken bacon, chicken tikka & chicken salad baguettes were delicious too!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The park landscape at Porthkerry has been sculptured over time the woods and expansive park remain to be enjoyed by all. Bluebells carpet the floor of the woodlands in spring, and the rhododendrons add fiery splendour in May. The park offers great walks and interesting finds like the viaduct and pitch and put golf in the summer. What is very refreshing is the sea breeze that comes in from over the pebbly beach. A great all year round attraction. There is also a great little new shop and cafe for refreshments selling food, ice creams etc.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped off at porthkerry park as it was on route on a coastal walk that we were doing. It offers everything that you could want, the sea, a huge golf area, a little stream running through which lots of families were having fun with nets and jumping over the stream into the woods. There is a lovely children's play area as well, but our oasis was a lovely cafe which offers light meals, refreshments but best of all homemade cake!! We had a very welcome cup of tea and the wonderful carrot cake which I was so impressed with I took a photo of it!! The staff were lovely and friendly and the toilets were spotlessly clean. A lovely place to visit whether as a couple or a family.