TripAdvisor

“My new favourite”
Review of The Little Olive

The Little Olive
Ranked #7 of 139 Restaurants in Barry
Description: Italian restaurant offering freshly made pasta and a varied menu to suit all tastes. Everything freshly made daily , busy bustling vibe and warm welcome always.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’ve been to the Little Olive 3 times now (once with a few people and the other times just 2 of us) every time has been AMAZING!!

The service is always really good. The staff are always lovely and will go out of their to make sure you’re happy.

The food is just the best... it’s taste so good and the price is amazing.

The cheesecake is so good.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank Tonileighhall
Write a reviewReviews (72)

Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

Nice meal the other week for my friends birthday, the pasta was very tasty and clearly homemade however I thought the portions were very small and presented in a huge dipped bowl to make it appear bigger (compared to the Italian in Radyr that my family regularly go to for pieces! I'm glad I had a starter as the main alone wouldn't be enough. My friend had the ravioli which was again very tasty but only four pieces (see photo) for lunch would be OK, but not an evening meal.
The cheesecake was very average and have tasted much better made by friends
which we all agreed at the time of eating.
Service was slow, we didn't mind as wanted to take our time, but had to look for service a lot of the time and I don't recall our table being checked.
Lovely to have another restaurant in Barry, however I wouldn't rush back.

2  Thank CharlotteT1178
Reviewed October 13, 2019

I’ve previously enjoyed lunch here, so thought I’d try dinner. There were 6 of us and had a wonderful evening. The food is delicious and very well presented. The service is top notch. I can not fault this lovely gem of a restaurant.

2  Thank Gill W
Reviewed October 8, 2019

Three of us visited The Little Olive a few weeks after it opened. The restaurant was quite full, it was a Saturday night! The menu was quite extensive and all the items were prepared and cooked on site. The food was delicious and we all ordered different items. The biggest problem was the noise from all the other folk also at the restaurant, laughing and talking. With no carpet on the floor and quite a high ceiling I guess that there was little to absorb the sound of people enjoying their evening and their meals. I certainly greatly recommend the food but maybe visiting at a less popular time would be my choice again!

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank Heulwen04
Reviewed October 8, 2019

I visited The Little Olive for lunch today with my WI group. I had heard good things about Barry's newest restaurant, but what I had heard did not do it justice. It was excellent. I could find nothing to fault. We were warmly greeted by the lovely manager Nico. He could not have been more friendly and welcoming. We were offered drinks immediately, and table water was delivered without having to ask for it. Our food was excellent. Completely authentic Italian cuisine, cooked by an experienced chef, who came out from the kitchen to speak with us. The waiting staff were very knowledgable about the food, and I believe they source as much as they can from local businesses. We really felt that we were valued customers. Everybody was friendly. Barry has lost two of its better restaurants recently, but I believe The Little Olive will put Barry back on the list of places to eat well. It's reasonably priced, varied menu, good food, friendly staff. I wish Nico and his lovely team all the success they so justly deserve.

2  Thank Jillabong