“Not bad food but the service was sooooooo slow!”

The Smithfield Bell
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Welshpool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Shropshire
“Not bad food but the service was sooooooo slow!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked on the phone as was told they were very busy so needed to order food promptly at 12 which we did it then took until 1.00pm to get our main course. We did order dessert and finally left the pub at 2.20pm. The food was usual chain pub food which we were expecting.

1 Thank stupendo_uk

Alderney, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“shocking never again!!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have eaten here a few times recently and it has got worse each time, which I did not think was possible. We had to order at the bar as no one came to the table after waiting nearly half an hour, okay that should have been a sign to leave right there but we waited regardless. We sat at the table waiting for both our food and drink for almost an hour even after asking where they were and how long it was going to take to make a couple of burgers!! what made thing worse is the table next to us who may I add ordered about 20 minutes after us were already eating and nearly finishing there food. After waiting a hour both meals which were cold and horrible we just paid and walked out was not even worth it .

I will NOT be returning!!!!! It is such a shame as during the summer the food and service were both amazing could not fault them. what a difference new management make shame.........

1 Thank Steveee123
Welshpool, United Kingdom
“Was expecting more”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Called in for a light lunch. Ordered the cheese & red onion chutney sandwich. When it came it was grated cheese with red onion. No chutney and no butter on the bread. This made the sandwich very dry. Ordered one of the special lattes with gingerbread. Gingerbread taste was noticeable by its absence. Disappointing again.

Machynlleth, United Kingdom
“Great meal each time we go!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have been to the Smithfield Bell quite a few times and every time it gets better!! The last two times we have chatted with the new manager Lucie who is a pleasure to talk to due to our mutual interests in catering. We wish her all the best in leading the Smithfield to a bright and prosperous future and hope to see her down our way sometime in the near future! See you soon I'm sure!!

Welshpool, United Kingdom
“Lovley meal and great service”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband, 9 year old daughter and I called in on Sunday evening after a trip to the cinema. My husband and I took advantage of the special £15 for a 2 course sunday roast with pudding for 2 and were very pleasantly surprised. Freshly cooked vegetables, crunchy roasts, light Yorkshire puddings and above average roast beef with plenty of gravy - you couldn't fault it! Very tasty! Our daughter thoroughly enjoyed her roast chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Puddings were delicious. Spotlessly clean, friendly and efficient service, promptly served and great value for money....it's not often you can say that!