Myself, my husband and two granddaughters visited the Raven on Wednesday 3rd April 2013 and I can only describe our visit as the worst meal we have had in a while. My husband ordered the gammon and egg which was completely burnt and one of our granddaughters ordered the steak which was completely floating in grease, the chips which accompanied this were by far the worst chips ever surprising as the Raven used to be renown for their homemade chips. We have been customers of the Raven for a few years now, in fact one of our favourite restaurants. Having read previous good reviews we were particularly surprised at this dreadful experience. Needless to say the majority of our food was sent back and we were offered a scoop of ice team by the chef !!!
I'm not sure whether they were having an off night on our visit but we certainly won't be returning.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.