“Camping... but not as you know it.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Camping... but not as you know it.”
Reviewed 4 days ago for a stay in July 2018
NEW

I have a difficult history with camping. My childhood is littered with holidays spent fighting the weather conditions that usually accompany a British ‘summer’, whilst also fighting off every stinging, biting insect that Mother Nature can fling at you. Throw in the indignity of having to put your jeans on while lying on an air bed due to lack of headspace, and it’s fair to say I’d written off camping holidays in general.

My ethos is that holidays should represent an improvement on your day-to-day life. I was doubtful that even a glamping break could achieve that. I was wrong. My wife and I stayed in one of the safari tents, and we had a wonderful time.

First off, the view is AMAZING. Just stunning. Rolling hills, a meandering river, even a steam railway. You can just sit out on the balcony for hours on end and drink the scenery in. So I did. Everywhere you look is just eye achingly beautiful. That would be enough in itself, but the accommodation is also great.

Bathroom facilities are one of my bugbears when it comes to outdoor living, but fear not, the tent has both a flushing toilet and a massive roll top bath. The kitchen is small but perfectly formed, with all of the tools you could conceivably need. There’s a wood burning stove that can be used to heat the tent and also acts as an oven. But food wise, the star of the show is the outdoor fire pit, which doubles as a bbq. We made good use of it!

My favourite part was the bed. Usually I miss my own bed when I go away. Now I just miss the bed from the safari tent. I had the best sleep I’d had in a long time. My bed is useless in comparison. And I guess that’s the point of the whole place. You get all the beauty of nature, but the amenities are so good it feels better than being at home. I strongly recommend it.

Your age range 25-34
Jul 12, 2018
We are so pleased you enjoyed your Glamping experience here at Oaklands!
It was a pleasure to have you, we hope you will be returning soon.
Many thanks
John D
Holyhead
“Superb Tree house weekend.”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in June 2018

This place is a must! It is totally unique. Set in the Welsh valleys beautiful surroundings and incredible views. Not to mention the high quality of the interior. There is no higher standard I've been to in the glamping world. The beds are so comfortable. With all the mod cons in a lush green valley. If you want peace and luxury then book now you won't be disappointed. We'll be going again.

Jul 12, 2018
Thank you for your review and we grateful to hear your kind feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Yvonne Q
London, United Kingdom
“Spectacular, the perfect place to unwind and relax”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

The location has breathtaking views over the hills and the valleys. Shops and restaurants a short drive away.
This had the wow factor, as soon as we arrived we were amazed by the setting which is in a very peaceful area.
The owners were there to welcome us and give us a guided tour, they made us feel welcome from the start. The hot tub was wonderful a great place to unwind with a glass of wine as we watched the sun go down. There is lots of outdoor seating areas, quiet and peaceful, great for bird watching. Inside was luxurious and chic, yet rutstic and homely. All modern conveniences. The bath tub has great views over the valley. Didn’t want to get out of bed as it was very comfortable. The photos on the website doesn’t do this place justice, we will definitely visit again.

Jun 26, 2018
Thank you for your kind review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Heartwood Treehouse and all it has to offer.
We look forward to having you again.

Many thanks
Abigail Davies
NandHW
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

Had a fantastic weekend here at Oakland’s Glamping! What a breathtaking location! Absolutely immaculate and spotlessly clean. Loved the roll top bath (yes even inside the Safari Tent!) and the bedding was top quality. Had everything we needed for a special weekend away, including a fire pit for us to BBQ on. And it felt magical in the evening sitting out overlooking that gorgeous view when all the fairy lights and lanterns came on! Plenty to do in the local area too, with a lovely pub just 10 minutes walk up the lane, although it was so nice on site we were more than happy to chill on the decking and use the cooking facilities at the tent. Shaphan and Abi are both lovely and extremely helpful. Will be recommending to all our friends and family!

Jun 25, 2018
Thank you so much for the kind feedback!
We enjoyed having you stay here at Oaklands Glamping & Treehouse.

Kind regards
Abigail Davies
MabsxH
“An amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

This was our first ever Glamping weekend and it was amazing! we really enjoyed it. The safari tent was beautifully decorated and lots of lovely little touches, like the candles,fairy lights and lanterns.The bed was really comfortable which made for a great night's sleep. They have definitely thought about everything, such luxury.
The view from the decking area is fantastic, you can even watch the llanfair steam train go past across the valley, it's like going back in time! Night-time is so pretty, even magical with little lights that light your way along the paths. With little light pollution the stargazing in amazing.
We really loved cooking our steak on the firepit bbq and heating the tent up with the log stove.
It's a definite must stay.

Jun 25, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind review!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience here.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing