“Another Lovely Meal at The Milebrook”

Milebrook House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Milebrook
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Today we had yet another memorable lunch party at The Milebrook House Hotel. We invited some of our treasured friends to join us--some who are local and eat here often-and some who were new to this lovely experience .All of us loved every moment _and every delicious mouthful of food! We have been coming here for almost 30 years,and despite living in Ludlow---the acclaimed centre of excellence for restaurants- we always drift back to The Milebrook to celebrate our special occasions. Elegant, relaxed,welcoming, and the most delightful food and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BarbM747

Reviewed June 29, 2014

As a British airways pilot I have travelled the world and stayed in some of the best hotels in most countries of the world. Last week I stayed for the third time at Milebrook House as I was in the area visiting friends.

The house itself is very elegant and tastefully decorated. I had a lovely room and the gardens and river are superb.On this visit I arrived without any booking as my travel arrangements had become disrupted at short notice but they found me a very nice room and were extremely helpful.

Dinner and breakfast, as always, were absolutely superb, beautifully cooked and very nicely presented by the staff in the very elegant dining room.

I spoke to some of the other guests in passing and they all said the same thing, mainly that Milebrook House is a peaceful, quiet, elegant friendly country house in which to stay.

The garden is beautiful and you can walk down the field to the river which is also absolutely delightful and peaceful. In my comments at the end of this review I have given the swimming pool a good rating but be aware that there is no actual swimming pool but you can paddle in the river.
which is very nice in the summer and better than a swimming pool. On the other side of the main road there there are fields full of sheep and hares to watch which is also very pleasant and there are millions of rabbits in the garden to look at.

Beryl, the owner/manager, is extremely helpful and it is always a pleasure to stay here. I would have no reservations about recommending this hotel to any of my very well travelled friends.

Room Tip: On each of my three visits I have stayed in rooms at the front, both on the ground floor and the fir...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed June 26, 2014

A two night stay while walking Offa's Dyke gave us a much needed touch of luxury and refinement
Beryl was very helpful and welcoming and maintains extremely high standards in all aspects of the hotel. The dining room was elegant and tasteful and meals were imaginative and beautifully presented and the staff obliging and knowledgable. Our bedroom and bathroom were well equipped and round the side of the building so road noise was not intrusive.

Room Tip: Rooms round the side are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Thank you Milebrook for an amazing Christmas Lunch. Efficient and friendly service and beautiful surroundings. We all enjoyed ourselves very much and have already recommended the hotel to our friends. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A traditional country hotel full of character in a delightful setting. Very convenient for visiting the border area. Cosy bar and very good food. Staff well trained and helpful. Would like to come back in the summer and sit in the garden!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDS8888
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had five night break, lovely food, beautiful gardens. We spent two afternoons sitting on terrace just relaxing did us both good. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
The staff were always happy and pleasant (we have stayed in other hotels and believe me this is not always the case).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pat T
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I will admit that the weather was perfect so to have pre lunch drinks on a sunny terrace overlooking a stunning garden did put one in the perfect mood. However, the lunch and service that followed was of a high standard and one sufficient to ensure that we will return at some time but in the meanwhile recommend to friends.
Next time we might be tempted to sample the hotel sector of this little gem
By the way I rarely give a five star rating as I always want the places I really like to be motivated to try even harder so that next time I return places like this will be even better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank llandinam

Been to Milebrook House Hotel? Share your experiences!