“Getting better”

Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Machynlleth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just went for a meal after their re-fit. It's all very nice and clean but could do with a bit more warmth and personality (we went on a very quiet night). The food was excellent, the service was good. Wine list a bit weird and not up to the standard of the food. But it's a place to try and encourage: it will only get better.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Although we only stopped for a brief lunch we got the atmosphere of the hotel-- very friendly staff and excellent facilities. A good stop off point when exploring western Wales.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My family and I stopped at The Brigands Inn for an evening meal, on our way home from Aberystwyth after collecting our Daughter from uni.
The staff were lovely and very welcoming.
Our meal was excellent, very Enjoyable.
Will definitely have a meal there again.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I went in for a meal with a friend, the beer is good but the food leaves a bit to be desired. There's not a lot of room between tables, the food was ok but very expensive for the quantity. Also the service was polite but very slow. We wanted to order a desert but it took that long to have our plates taken, we didn't bother. We would go back for a drink but elsewhere for food.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I had a brilliant Mothering Sunday Lunch at the Brigands Inn yesterday.Having arrived quite late 2.30,- there was that little nagging doubt as to whether the standard would be maintained,- but we needn't have worried.My wife's choice was lamb and mine was chicken,- as I am always a bit concerned about lamb just before the new season offering arrives.However my wife's generous portion was of excellent quality and if my chicken hadn't also been of a very high standard I would have been quite jealous. The vegetables were also beautifully presented and delicious ,the roast potatoes were as good as my wife's which is the highest accolade I can award. I was full to the brim but my wife then enjoyed a delicious chocolate brownie.This chef is very talented as we suspected from several other recent visits,- and its great to know that a quality eating experience is available near to our home,-thank you .( oh and great service )
Richard & Sue Ikin.