All reviews would stay again evening meal italian wines travelzoo deal comfortable sleep family party menu choices customer focused locally sourced meat interesting hotel fantastic deal pizza restaurant old coaching inn old building an update at reasonable prices three star
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in May. The room was small but clean, as was the bathroom, our bed was made but the bathroom wasn’t cleaned. The breakfast was great and the waitress was very friendly and cheerful although she was on her own serving a lot of tables, she found time to chat and made a fuss of a small child. We would stay again but the place could do with a fresh coat of paint. We had to wait to check in as receptionist was serving in the bar.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Charles D, Owner at Wynnstay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello,

Thank you for this review. We have had words with the housekeeper concerned!!

We are doing all we can, all the time, to renovate the old Wynnstay, which sadly suffered from years of neglect. We are getting there slowly. Not so easy in recessionary times, when bank won't lend.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Wynnstay for the first time in Machynlleth. The hotel is very nicely decorated, the staff were friendly and my room was lovely and clean and spacious. It suited my needs very well. The dinner menu was good and of excellent quality and the breakfast was also very good indeed.
I would highly recommend staying here if looking for a hotel in Machynlleth.
Car park is available to the rear of the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Alkesh P

Thank you fr this kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. But we are not resting on any laurels, we contrinue to work hard to improve everything

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Wynnstay Hotel for one night B&B mid-week with work. It was terrible from reception and the delay being attended to, to the grim and dirty rooms and generally dust-ridden decor. I received numerous flea/bed bug bites from the bedroom (which were reported at check out and I was informed it’s because they allow dogs in the rooms!)...my advice would be to avoid this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank rhiannonj331

Ok so you didn't like us. But to accuse us of fleas and bed-bugs is entirely unacceptable. Yes we accept dogs and we do charge for them and then do extra cleaning. There are no fleas and no bedbugs anywhere in the hotel. This is checked professionally on a regular basis

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Sorry to say this but this hotel needs a deep clean! The rooms are dirty and basically there is a lack of care in terms of the routine that has been applied. Olde world charm does not equate to dust and grim.

This equates to the public areas too. The brass planks in the hall way were covered in dust too.

This is a pity as this could be a lovely historic building

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank JuAnontour

We are working on it - trying to understand what the bras planks are though?

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Stayed here just one night with my wife on the weekend of the Comedy Fsteival so I have no doubt they were busy - Our room was pleasant but had the tiniest TV 14 inch I think (I'm used to a 75 inch) never mind happy with everything but the bed was too hard for my liking and a bit lumpy - the room starte off cold but the window was open so we closed it and but on the radiator - learned later that it was the coldest bank holiday weekend so that's not a bad mark for the hotel - everything was reasonably priced food was very good the location perfect for our needs and space in the Carpark for our car was good

Room tip: our room was overlooked the beer garden at the rear background noise could be heard but it was not excessive
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you, yes, Comedy festival is the busiest weekend of the year for us and this year was absolutely frantic - due in part to the horribly cold weather.