“A very warm welcome”
Review of Brigands Inn

Brigands Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Machynlleth B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stopped at The Brigands Inn on a cold and wet Thursday afternoon on our way to Barmouth for a much needed sandwich and coffee. As we had our two Springer Spaniels with us, we were fully prepared to sit outside or in the car, however, the lovely lady that greeted us, insisted that we brought the girls inside! All of the staff were very welcoming and we were even given an extra biscuit for the dogs! The inside is beautiful and spotless and the food is great too. I can't wait to go back and hopefully stay for longer next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sera Catrin J, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Tracy C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the Brigands Inn, Mallwyd.

I'm delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit, and that you will be calling with us again, and that the girls also enjoyed their treat.

Thank you once again, your reviews are very much appreciated by us all here, and it's a great feeling to know that we've brightened someone's day.

Diolch yn fawr

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We arrived on the evening hoping to pay for a room on the purpose of using the shower and facilities but we were informed that they were fully booked. But the lady at the hotel desk let us use the staff shower room for free of charge! How amazing and generous of her. We then stayed for some food and beers and left the girls some money behind the bar for a drink to say thank you. Will be visiting there again 100%! Thank you :-)

• Stayed: November 2013
Sera Catrin J, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Bigc1986,

First of all, may I think you very kindly to taking the time to write such a pleasant review about us at the Brigands Inn.

It was no trouble whatsoever in offering you the use of the shower, and I'm glad that it made a difference, I can imagine that camping in a forest does have it's downfalls.

I'm also glad that you enjoyed our food so much, that you will be coming back to see us.

Looking forward to seeing you once again, and kind regards to the other three gentlemen in your party, I hope that their stay here was as enjoyable, and that you had a good weekend in Wales with the rally.

Diolch yn fawr iawn,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during Wales Rally GB and I will be staying again!! The welcome was fantastic, as was the room. The bar and restaurant was excellent. As was the bar service we had off Bianca, Nikki and Gemma. Everywhere was clean and well kept. Highly recommended! See you again very soon!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Sera Catrin J, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Annwyl MorgieNorthWales ,

Thank you very kindly for taking time to write a review about us. It was a real pleasure to have you stay with us here at the Brigands Inn.

I'm glad to learn that the service was of the highest standard and that our front of house staff looked after you well

Hopefully next year, for the Wales Rally GB, you will consider staying with us again, if not sooner.

Cofion cynehsaf a diolch o galon am dy eiriau caredig, gwerthfawrogwn yn fawr!

Hwyl a diolch

Reviewed October 29, 2013

stayed one night on 26th October , 4 adults . rooms, food ,drinks all excellent .beautiful old inn tastefully restored .will certainly recommend and stay again .only minor complaint en suite carpeted would be better tiled .keep up the good work

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sera Catrin J, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Mr Stone,

Thank you very much for your kind words, and warm encouragement.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Brigands, and hope very much that you will be returning soon.

Cofion cynnes (Warm regards)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My first visit to the area, what a gem the Brigands Inn is. Hospitality was spot on, food, draught beer, service and value for money. Will be returning again next year. Rob, the manager, was excellent. When asked about the plants in the garden, he did his utmost to find the names of certain plants that I would like in my garden!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Sera Catrin J, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear lloyd m,

Thank you very kindly for taking time to write such a lovely review about your experience here at Tafarn y Brigands Inn, Mallwyd.

I hope very much we see you again, very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am glad to say that my visit was wonderful. I was offered room 8. A spacious, smartly decorated room with an en suite bathroom. The cleanliness was impeccable. The decor in the bar area and lounge - light and welcoming. Staying as part of a work visit, we would return late at night to a selection of warm, cold snacks. The breakfast service was no exception. The ingredients are the best of local produce. The food is presented and tastes exceptional. Located in the countryside there is plenty of options for sight-seing. Catrin, the manager even suggested a route for my daily run! It is personal touches like these that make it worth every penny! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a worthwhile experience, or even just passers by!
Thank you!
Diolch am brofiad hyfryd!
Manon

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Manon W,

Thank you for taking time to write your lovely review about us. I am so glad you enjoyed your very first stay with us at the Brigands, and that you enjoyed the food. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again, very soon.

Diolch iti Manon am dy eiriau caredig, mi nai dy yrru di ar lwybr rhedeg gwahanol, tro nesaf!.

Cofion cynesaf atat, ac I bawn yn BC.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were disappointed when the Brigands Inn closed earlier this year as we had had some pretty good food there in the past. Living in rural mid Wales, our proximity to decent restaurants is... well,.. limited! I always found it a pleasant venue- good food, fabulous scenery and comfortable, if rather tired decor.
Wow! The food has been elevated from good to great; the scenery continues to be fabulous, but the decor has moved into a whole other league. Both the bedrooms and the public rooms have been fully refurbished to an exceptionally high standard. The overall effect is charming and absolutely perfect for a 15th Century coaching inn.
I can't sign off from this- the very first review I have ever felt sufficiently impressed to write- without thanking the staff at The Brigands. I don't know how you managed to find such a brilliant, helpful bunch in such a sparsely populated area of Wales, but I'm grateful you did!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Gemma N

Dear Gemma N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time us. The staff are constantly striving to deliver the very best possible service, and hope very much that we will see you again.

Diolch yn fawr,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Machynlleth
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
#2 of 11 in Machynlleth
Maenllwyd Guest House
Maenllwyd Guest House
#5 of 11 in Machynlleth

Been to Brigands Inn? Share your experiences!