“Perfect for a Friday night curry!”

The Taj Mahal Exquisite Bangladeshi & Indian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 34 Restaurants in Machynlleth
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were visitors to the town and decided to try the Taj Mahal. I had read some reviews on Trip Advisor and was a bit sceptical but thought we'd give it a go anyway.
We visited without a reservation at about 8.30pm on a Friday night and were shown to a table very quickly after about a 2 or 3 minute wait. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the food was delicious ( very delicious infact!). We all tried something different and were not dissapointed. The bill came to about £70 for 4 of us and it included about 6 drinks which I thought was reasonable.
I agree, the decor could do with a facelift and if nothing else, change the carpet and maybe a lick of paint here and there..............maybe they might get round to it one of the days.
I'd definitely visit again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Prawn puree starter was superb.
Chicken balti bhuna was delicious.
Service good and attentive.
Price is good and overall a good eating experience.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having lived in mach most of my life I have frequented this place more then my fare share the decor is dated and the staff can be a bit starey so i now choose to only have takeaways which bizarrely taste better when they are busy and i have had to wait an hour for them however they are tasty at the best of times and not too expensive for this area having been to most of the indians around here I would personally say this is my fave and the chicken tikka is Devine dont be put off by appearances its actually really tasty!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

When we entered we were pretty put off by the number of takeaway customers and diners consulting their watches. We set a deadline or two to test whether to stay, and in each case they were met, though much consulting of watches went on.

In the event we had a pleasant and acceptable meal, though our view of the restaurant was not improved by the crude sign announcing the gents toilet to be dangerous. Fortunately no ladies arrived to contest their ownership of their own facilities whilst I and another gentleman colonised them.

I wouldn't make a bee-line for this restaurant, but would not be unhappy to use it again either.

2  Thank consettgashead
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have eaten here many times over the years and always had good food. This year, the main meal was very good, but the poppadoms had a rancid smell about them which suggests the fat needed changing.