This is a lovely hotel with character set in the mid Wales area, surrounded by beautiful countryside and a mile from the village of Llanweddyn. The village itself is interesting as is the history of the area. The rooms were very clean and had all the amenities that made the stay comfortable, including the complimentary use of bathrobes. The food was generally good but at times a little disappointing in terms of quality and taste. For example, the bacon served on the first breakfast was streaky and not crisp but on the second morning after I'd asked for the bacon to be cooked more, I was offered a choice of the type of bacon. Most of the staff were friendly, cheerful and helpful which helped to make the stay so enjoyable. It's a pity that there was an additional charge for the spa which didn't have a swimming pool. However, it was very good value for money for us because we booked through Groupon. This is a great hotel for a relaxing break in the middle of wonderfully unspoilt countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn