“Lovely stay”

Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanwddyn
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent one night at the hotel, location is stunning and reception staff very friendly and helpful. Fabulous room with lots of lovely little extras it also had great views over the lake. We were attending a family function and the food was very good along with a very positive attitude of the staff.its not cheap but worth a nice treat.

Room Tip: Have a lake view room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
lakevyrnwy, General Manager at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel – and for a family celebration too! It is always so lovely to see the hotel full of family and friends.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I certainly hope that we will see you at the Lake again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a little weekend holiday. When we got there we had to look to see where the nearest shop was but it was aprox 9 miles away.

I liked it there and the pub was nice but the restaurant menu didn't meet what I expected

I would stay again but not in any rush

• Stayed: August 2013
lakevyrnwy, General Manager at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Most tell us that being away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life is part of the charm of Lake Vyrnwy Hotel; our guests value the opportunity to take a relaxing break away from it all.

To address your comment regarding shopping in the local area, there are in fact a few shops in close proximity to the hotel. The local convenience store is in the village of Llanwddyn only a mile away, lovely craft stores and cafes can be found over the dam – a 15
minute walk from the hotel.

The vast majority who do eat tell us of their delight, so I feel sure that the experience that you had is an aberration, and were you to eat again you would thoroughly enjoy the experience. We have two food offerings at the hotel – our Tower Restaurant which is a formal dinner experience consisting of a 2 or 5 course meal to enjoy at your leisure – starting with canapés and ending with coffee and petit fours. Alternatively there is the Tavern Bistro which is a far a more relaxed approach to dining.

I am pleased to note that you had a nice stay; I hope that we will one day welcome you back to the lake.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The most comfortable bed ever, wanted to take it home! We had room 48 in the newer wing, had a lake view and balcony to sit on. Really quiet and restful the view is stunning and changes all the time with the light, wonderful to wake up with the lake in front of you! The hotel is a little tired in places and the service in the hotel generally is not as great as it could be but the food was absolutely delicious, freshly cooked and the service in the restaurant was good. My family spent the time fishing on the lake, my sister and I hired bikes from a local tea shop a 15 minute walk from the hotel, really reasonably priced and good quality bikes - we also used the spa which was small but again very restful. I would definitely go again. The rooms were very mixed and the first one we were allocated I was not happy with but the reception staff happily changed the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy so many of the things Lake Vyrnwy has to offer – you picked truly a beautiful week to get outdoors – I can only hope that your family were lucky in their fishing on the lake.

I am incredibly bias but do have to say that waking up to the breath taking lake view is really the only way to experience Lake Vyrnwy – it’s simply nature at its best; and I am glad that on this occasion we were able to accommodate a change in room. They rooms as you mentioned a little mixed, there is so much choice of accommodation; it is part of the joy and also a challenge of Lake Vyrnwy Hotel. Although all of the rooms are individually furnished, some guests prefer the rooms in the newer wing designed with contemporary elegance in mind, others favour those in the older part of the hotel – they are smaller, you will experience vintage cosiness. All of course are sold at different price points. The rooms may not be to everyone’s taste, but most tell us how much they value the style of the hotel.

I am so pleased to note that you would visit again; I certainly hope that we will welcome you back to the lake soon – perhaps the following summer when the lake activities are in full swing again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been to this hotel 3 times before, you can't beet the view of the lake and rolling hills and forests of lake vyrnwy. Hotel room was in very good condition good size and good quality. We did lose hot water for about ten minutes, we phoned down and they were on the case straight away.breakfast great evening meal ok, not super but ok. Have eaten before and always great so maybe busy or different chief.young waiters at bar very polite even though there is a chec waiter always giving them especially the young guy a hard time. Leave him alone... Stay overall super food good just one dish spoilt it. Try it

Room Tip: Not 11 or 12 above kitchen noisy and hot
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted that we have had the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel on so many occasions.

What a shame to hear that your meals this time were not as you have experienced before. Very peculiar too, we have had the same head chef now for 7 years. If you would like to get in touch and discuss what went wrong, please do so, I would be more than happy to take your call.

I am pleased that your stay was ‘super’ overall. I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back the hotel for another visit – although I must say you have quite a way to go before beating the record of our most frequent guests.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here on a cycling holiday - the only thing that I didn't like was that it was uphill after a very hilly day! The view is, as others have said, sensational. As we were only staying one night, we didn't pay extra for a lake view room, and that was no problem because our room was very spacious, with its own balcony, overlooking the countryside. Also there is a lovely patio from the lounge where you can take drinks and see the beautiful view.Very pleasant indeed. The bathroom was also large, with lovely luxurious fluffy towels and bathrobes, and a very good shower (and bath, but we didn't try that).

Breakfast was good enough (though not great); the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had another day's cycling ahead of us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Primroselil
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A fantastic place in a fantastic setting. Classy and expensive, we part paid with tesco vouchers. This did not lessen the magnificent service we received. Two retaurants to choose from with excellent food. Views across the lake were stupendous.
I am disabled and use a powerchair. There were full facilities for me. The staff were very kind and helpful. Can't wait to get back again.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank waymarks

Thank you very much for such a kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. There are certain quieter times in the year where we are able to offer deals, and those savvy shoppers snap them up – lesser service does not come in to it. Regardless of how guests get here all will receive the same level of service from our wonderful staff – I am so pleased read your comment of how kind and helpful they were.

I certainly hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Recommend to anyone...although a little tired in places this is a great hotel with spectacular views through the valley and over lake Vyrnwy.
Service & staff very good making our stay a very special one.

• Stayed: August 2013
lakevyrnwy, General Manager at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa. I am so pleased that we were able to play a small part in making it a special one for you.

I hope that we will welcome you back to the lake in the not so distant future.

Best Regards
Anthony Rosser

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanwddyn
Pale Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bala
Cain Valley Hotel
Cain Valley Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanfyllin

Been to Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!