We stayed here on a cycling holiday - the only thing that I didn't like was that it was uphill after a very hilly day! The view is, as others have said, sensational. As we were only staying one night, we didn't pay extra for a lake view room, and that was no problem because our room was very spacious, with its own balcony, overlooking the countryside. Also there is a lovely patio from the lounge where you can take drinks and see the beautiful view.Very pleasant indeed. The bathroom was also large, with lovely luxurious fluffy towels and bathrobes, and a very good shower (and bath, but we didn't try that).
Breakfast was good enough (though not great); the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had another day's cycling ahead of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn