W booked a room fairly last minute, they only have premier lake view rooms left but we got a good deal and the room was beautiful, with a view to die for, a balcony, and lovely bathroom, with a huge bath, very welcome after a complete circuit of the lake on foot! Weather wasn't brilliant, but nice enough to sit out drinking tea on the balcony. Staff were helpful and friendly and the coffee and home baked biscuits on arrival in the lounge at no charge was a nice touch. The room was very comfy and we both slept really well.
We ate in the restaurant, having looked at the menus for there and the bar, food was nice,, but a few niggles. Firstly the choice was excellent , but there were just 2 options in terms of cost , 2 courses for £27 or 5 for £39, I only wanted a mainland desert, my husband wanted a starter and main, and asked the waitress if he then decided to have a desert or cheese how much it would cost, and was told that it would cost £39 as if he had had the 5 courses, there was no flexibility on this, seemed rather odd to us, i suggest that quite often people decide to have or not have a sweet after their starter and main, and yet this appeared to have passed the management of the restaurant by, you have to decide beforehand wether you want 5 courses or two, very inflexible. He decided to have just the 2 courses, yet the waitress seemed to encourage him to look at the desert menu after we had eaten our mains... Very odd and quite un accommodating we thought for a restaurant pro porting to be a fine dining experience. Other diners seemed to also be perplexed by this. The food was quite nice, but nothing amazing especially given the price, I think next time we would eat in the tavern bar, the setting of the restaurant was lovely though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn