Myself and two friends took advantage of the recent Travelzoo deal. The deal was for two people but as we wanted all three of us to share a room to avoid single room supplements, we called the hotel beforehand. The very friendly receptionist advised that this was possible, we just needed to pay th hotel direct for the 3rd person dinner, bed and breakfast rate.
We also decided to take advantage of the £25 upgrade charge to have a Superior Lake View Room to give us more room.
On arrival our room wasn't ready, which was understandable as it was only midday, so we left our luggage behind reception and went to the Tower Tavern and had a reasonably priced lunch.
We then visited the spa as we had pre-booked treatments. Unfortunately the jacuzzi wasn't working, but the staff were very apologetic and didn't charge is the £10 spa fee. We took advantage of the rest of the spa facilities and relaxed fully.
None of us could fault our treatments, they were amazing.
We then headed back to the hotel to the bar for our truffles and glass of champagne (included in our Travelzoo deal) check into our room, which had a balcony and lake view. There was plenty of room for our bags even with a large king sized bed and extra single bed in the room. We did have to call down for a 3rd mug and gown etc and we also requested an ice bucket, these were delivered to the room promptly and they even gave us extra biscuits!
The furniture and curtains etc are a bit dated (a bit chintzy) but in keeping with the age of the hotel. Room facilities included flat screen TV, table and chairs, kettle, cafetiere and nice biscuits. Lovely big bathroom with bath and separate power shower.
Dinner was amazing!! Couldn't fault one course. We had a table overlooking the lake (I think maybe these are allocated to people in Superior rooms?).
Breakfast was lovely too. Freshly cooked to order and then a buffet of cereals, fresh fruit and croissants etc.
Every member of staff was friendly, every single housekeeper/cleaner said good morning when we passed them on the way to breakfast and the receptionists at the hotel and spa couldn't have been more helpful.
We will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn