The first time we came across Lake Vyrnwy Hotel we only stopped off for a drink. Taken by the olde world charm and spectacular views from the terrace and bar we promised ourselves that we would return for a longer visit. We subsequently returned for a one night stay in September and more recently again in early January. Both times we had a room with lake view - the setting is quite simply stunning in any season, rain or shine. Rooms were large, nicely furnished, very comfortable beds and totally peaceful.
The bar and lounge provide a nice ambience. On both occassions dinner was excellent - both times had a window table - and the service professional and friendly so there is certainly consistency. It was nice to see the same staff and one waitress even remembered us from our previous visit. Breakfast was also very good.
Sizable car park, both close to the hotel and the spa area which is in a separate building. We did not find time to use the spa nor did we visit the Tavern which is a more casual dining option. Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn