This hotel is located in a stunning position overlooking the fairytale Lake Vrynwry and dreamy Welsh countryside. Rooms are spacious, ours a lake view room, had a balcony and spectacular views. Decor is classic, victorian in style with many orginal peices of furniture. A few finishing touches away from 5 star it truly is a gem and worth the money for a romantic restful break away.
Highlights - dining at the restaurant was a pleasure day or night, food was always delicious and servers attentive. High tea in the lounges is a must!
Negatives - because there are always some - use of the spa should be free for hotel guests given the price of the rooms and cost of treatments. Bar staff could be more knowledgeable on drinks and reception staff more attentive to guests as opposed to reservations over the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn