We only stopped off for a drink so I cannot comment on the rooms or food but we now plan a future visit. We sat in the main bar area which provides breath taking views across lake Vyrnwy. The bar, and hotel, has an old fashioned feel and appearance (dates back to 1890) whilst at the same time being cosy. The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and answered the various questions we had about the hotel. We felt the bar area could benefit from some more tables and chairs. The terrace is lovely though the weather did not lend itself to sitting outdoors. The more formal sitting room to the left of the bar is very comfortable with sofas and houses a large grand piano. We looked in the Tavern pub and bistro which are far more casual than the main hotel but were also busy. The spa offers some nice treatments and hotel guests can dip in and out during the day for £10.00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn