We visited this hotel in October and enjoyed it so much that we booked a second trip last weekend (Feb 8th). The first time we stayed in room 43 which has a large 4 poster bed and large bathroom and fantastic view with good size balcony. The restuarant was good although we didnt get to sit at the window but against the wall. Because the location was fantastic and the room was so good we booked again but had a very different experience. The view remains the main reason for our enjoyment and we cycled round the lake and went on a walk - both of which were very nice and relaxing. The room however, 54, was very dull (yellow walls and blue carpet) with a large bed (not 4 poster) and an unexceptional bathroom even though it was in the same price range as our first room. We specifically requested to be sat in the restuarant next to the window but, even though tables were available, did not get shown to one. The breakfast service was unbelievably slow and sloppy with waitresses dropping cutlery on the floor and wandering off without picking it up! The evening restuarant food was really nice and the staff very helpful - I dont know what happens to them over night.
Until I read othe reviews I thought we were being picked on. Having rtead other reviews I know that this is the norm and I'll be reluctant to return. The location really is the best thing and like many of the reviewers I would love to see what are very small issues improved on to make this a truly amazing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Wales/Llanwddyn