“Superb”
Review of Tower Restaurant

Tower Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Llanwddyn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: High on the hillside, the restaurant has a stunning view over the lake and hills of the surrounding area. Lunch is served from 12.00 until 14.00 - booking in advance is required - 3 courses £22.50. We are also able to offer our guests a more informal light lunch menu which is served daily. Dinner is served between 18.45 and 21.15 - 5 courses £39.95. Should you require a lighter option - we can offer 2 couses at £27.50 - booking in advance is required. Our dress code in the Tower Restaurant is smart casual - no jeans or trainers.
Llangollen, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Fantastic food. We had pre-booked the 5 course meal and were a little worried we might not be able to eat everything. Our fears were unfounded though as thankfully the food was nouvelle cuisine. We left the table feeling quite satisfied rather than 'stuffed to the gills'! One word of caution - the soup is served in a very small espresso cup so don't expect a big bowlful. Very good though. Superb meal, well presented and the service was excellent.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St Austell, United Kingdom
“5 Exquisite Courses”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We visited Lake Vyrnwy Hotel in March 2013 on a 2-night Dinner, B&B package. The food was excellent and it was great fun to have the mini 'taster' courses, i.e. small cup of soup and small cup of sorbet! It was a magical visit because all was snow-covered during our stay. Would love to go back some time.

• Visited March 2013
cheshire
“super food well prepared”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

lovely food, great selection of dishes, fab staff. Dont try the monmouth pudding if you've already had four courses - you wont finish it!!

Birmingham
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The steak is beautiful! Lovely welsh beef! Cooked well and presented well. Enjoyed every mouthful. Recommend the rib eye steak!

Shrewsbury
“Disappointment”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

After looking forward for such a long time to having a 'special' birthday tea at this hotel I can only say how disappointed I was. I cannot deny that the view from the lounge is stunning but I cannot say the same for the tea that was served to me and my friends on our recent visit.
The service was dreadfully slow; served by pleasant but ill trained staff. What can I say about the tea? I suppose if an inadequate amount of sandwiches is all that is required (four fingers each) then you will not be disappointed. I suppose if you enjoy VERY stale scones served without butter but with thinned cream and an unrecognisable jam, then you will not be disappointed. If you expect cake fancies to finish your afternoon delight then you will be really disappointed with the small shortbread biscuit on offer here.
Reading other reviews makes me think this hotel must have a split personality! I saw none of the elegance others write about, none of the quality expected of this hotel. I recommend a trip to Betty's in Harrogate to see how it should be done - or any local tea shop, come to that! We won't be returning.

1 Thank EileenD645