We were given a night in this hotel as a gift and we had a truly relaxing and lovely time here. The room was really luxurious, very clean and spacious with their own signature toiletries, four poster bed and lounge area with a beautiful view over the river and hills.
We spent the afternoon in the spa where you can book in for a treatment (the deep tissue massage was excellent, no light fingers here!), swim in the pool, have a sauna or relax in the hot tub in the balcony. My one suggestion would be for the spa to provide cold water showers and drinking water nearby for when guests come out of the sauna. The showers in the changing rooms are all set to a certain temperature and you have to go upstairs into the gym area for cold water.
You could stay here and not have to go very far if you didn't want to. There are walks in the grounds and walks farther afield which the hotel will provide you with information about. There is a croquet lawn, 8 hole golf course and billiards room, with an excellent and well kept snooker table I might add. (we enjoyed a couple of frames after dinner)
The food is very good and the service excellent, although the dining area is a little too quiet and dark for my liking. A bit of background music to make the guests feel like they don't have to whisper would be a nice idea and raise the lighting a bit, we like to see our food!. That said, at breakfast time it had lightened up a bit and was a bit more atmospheric. My advice would be to use the annex room attached to the grand dining room for breakfast as this looked lighter and more friendly.
All in all, this is a really lovely hotel and we had a fantastic stay. I would certainly recommend it to 50yr olds and upwards as the hotel has an old fashioned charm about it that I personally think is more suited to a slightly older generation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake Country House Hotel is a 4 star hotel set in the Heart of Mid Wales and is the perfect destination for a luxury hotel break or romantic getaway. The Spa offers a range of Heath and Beauty treatments and is equipped with and indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi overlooking the lake. Game Fishing and golf are available on site and there is a good range of other golf courses in the area. Horse riding, the Elan Valley and of course the Brecon Beacons are all near by.An air of elegance and calm informality pervades this exquisitely furnished Welsh country house hotel. Standing serenely in its own fifty acres of parkland, with sweeping lawns, rhododendron lined pathways and riverside walks, this magnificent mid wales hotel is comfort epitomised.The country house itself is an architectural bagatelle, begun in 1840 and remodeled in 1900. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lake Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake Country House And Spa
- The Lake Country House Hotel Llangammarch Wells
- The Lake Country Hotel
- Lake Country Hotel
- The Lake Country House & Spa Llangammarch Wells, Wales