My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the end of April. I had booked our three night break as a birthday surpise. The hotel met all my expectations, the staff were friendly and attentive without being annoyingly obsequious. The room was superb with wonderful views from the front of the house overlooking the Putting Green & Croquet Lawn. Part of the attraction was the 9 Hole Golf Course where my partner and I spent two fun afternoons (please do not expect close clipped greens to The Belfry standards). The spa has a relaxing ambience, but is not huge, with a Sauna adjoining the swimming pool and the Hot Tub giving astounding views of the surrounding countryside.
The restaurant provides Cordon Bleu meals accompanied by a comprehensive wine list. If you are not sure which wine to select, Marcus will give you sound advice and has excellent knowledge of the whole range of wines available. Breakfast is served in the new Conservatory, where the service is exemplary. If the Full Welsh breakfast is not to your liking then there are alternatives which are equally good and the chef will prepare other items such as scrambled eggs on request. Tea or coffee and toast are replenished as often as you require.
All in all we had a most relaxing break and both of us were reluctant to check out and return home. We will certainly visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake Country House Hotel is a 4 star hotel set in the Heart of Mid Wales and is the perfect destination for a luxury hotel break or romantic getaway. The Spa offers a range of Heath and Beauty treatments and is equipped with and indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi overlooking the lake. Game Fishing and golf are available on site and there is a good range of other golf courses in the area. Horse riding, the Elan Valley and of course the Brecon Beacons are all near by.An air of elegance and calm informality pervades this exquisitely furnished Welsh country house hotel. Standing serenely in its own fifty acres of parkland, with sweeping lawns, rhododendron lined pathways and riverside walks, this magnificent mid wales hotel is comfort epitomised.The country house itself is an architectural bagatelle, begun in 1840 and remodeled in 1900. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, Travelocity and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The Lake Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake Country House Hotel Llangammarch Wells
- The Lake Country House And Spa
- The Lake Country Hotel
- Lake Country Hotel
- The Lake Country House & Spa Llangammarch Wells, Wales