We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of March. It is a beautiful spot. We walked around the lake and along the river a couple of times and there is croquet lawn and pitch and putt facility within the extensive grounds. We also made use of the excellent billiard table. Our room (Eugene) was beautifully and thoughtfully decorated with lovely furnishings and a luxury bathroom.
The spa facilities were an added dimension to our stay and we really enjoyed out full body massages and daily swim/sauna/hot tubs.The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had to re-arrange my booking and they were very accommodating and efficient over this and every aspect of our stay. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.
We dined at the restaurant two out of three nights. The food was excellent as were the breakfasts.
We enjoyed climbing Pen y Fan the highest mountain in southern Britain and walking around Elan one of the beautiful dams close by. We wish we had had longer to explore the local villages and do more walking as the scenery in this area is spectacular.
The only negative we had was being woken at midnight on our last night by the conference organiser who was setting up in the room next door. We mentioned this to the receptionist the next morning who was very apologetic and said that the organiser should not have been allowed access to the room at that time of night and that she would take it up with the person who was on duty that night.
All in all would thoroughly recommend this lovely hotel spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake Country House Hotel is a 4 star hotel set in the Heart of Mid Wales and is the perfect destination for a luxury hotel break or romantic getaway. The Spa offers a range of Heath and Beauty treatments and is equipped with and indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi overlooking the lake. Game Fishing and golf are available on site and there is a good range of other golf courses in the area. Horse riding, the Elan Valley and of course the Brecon Beacons are all near by.An air of elegance and calm informality pervades this exquisitely furnished Welsh country house hotel. Standing serenely in its own fifty acres of parkland, with sweeping lawns, rhododendron lined pathways and riverside walks, this magnificent mid wales hotel is comfort epitomised.The country house itself is an architectural bagatelle, begun in 1840 and remodeled in 1900. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Lake Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake Country House And Spa
- The Lake Country House Hotel Llangammarch Wells
- The Lake Country Hotel
- Lake Country Hotel
- The Lake Country House & Spa Llangammarch Wells, Wales