“3 week business trip...”
Review of The Cammarch Hotel

The Cammarch Hotel
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm wanting to write this review because I've never felt so at home when not at home. The staff at the Cammarch hotel were excellent. I couldn't of asked for a friendlier service. My business has very unsociable hours which meant a very uneven eating pattern. But that wasn't a problem for them at all. I never went to sleep on an empty stomach. All the locals make you feel so welcome and I can't wait till I return hopefully this year.....

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay F
There are newer reviews for The Cammarch Hotel

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights over Easter and had a lovely break. Much of the interior is newly decorated following the fire and all looks good and is comfortable, with all the facilities you need including a comfortable, sunny conservatory lounge. The gardens at the back stretch down to the river and have some unusual occupants - a peahen & a couple of goats. There is also a lovely nearby river walk.

Kathryn, Alan and their staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent - good cooked food and lovely fresh fruit salad. In the evening, dinner is good value and beautifully presented; while the bar is a lively local hub.

From the village you can quickly get to some lovely routes across nearby moors to the north and south; and explore Carmarthenshire and north to the coast.

We would happily go back if we were looking to stay in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the lovely garden, while the front overlooks the church and graveyard. Ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Despite having had a serious fire and a lot of water damage and not being able to get hold of us to let us know what had happened, Alan and Kathryn went out of their way to make us comfortable.
We had a lovely room with a king sized bed, excellent food in super surroundings. Can't wait to go back when it is completely up and running again.
A hotel not to be missed.

Michael and Megan - Eastleigh Hants.

Room Tip: If like Megan climbing stairs is difficult remember the accommodation is spread over four floors wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently went to visit my aunt who lives practically a stone’s throw from this wonderful hotel and when she told me that this place was the favorite among the locals I could see why. Although they were having a bit of a remodel due to a small fire the hotel was still extremely welcoming and comfortable! The public areas were bright and beautiful and our room was very comfortable and surprisingly large compared to some others we had stayed in in the UK. We also enjoyed a fabulous dinner with delicious appetizers and entrees served in an elegant fashion. Kathryn and Alan were delightful and charming hosts and I truly felt very at home there. I definitely hope to visit again and would not consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here to complete two sections of the Wye Valley walk and it is well placed for the sections from Hay on Wye the end with a mix of car and public transport. Aside from the quality of the place the welcome of the owners and their willingness to go the extra mile is outstanding. They went out of their way to meet my dietary needs and were more than willing to pick me up at the end of the day from a long walk if by any chance I missed the bus back to my car. The location is a delight, the food good and the company excellent. Go out of your way to find an excuse to stay there

Room Tip: Wireless reception is better the closer you get to the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We brought our dog as we were going to the Builth Show.We received a very warm welcome and the hosts were very attentive for our whole stay.Lovely room,nicely furnished.We were even given the privelege of eating in the dining room with our dog as in their eyes he was no trouble.Thought this was a nice touch.
What I would say to make the stay even better would be to have a larger bar,which in fact they are working on.The other point which I think was more of a issue and was evident to other guests,was that there was a lovely garden but unfortunately this could not be used as the owner's dogs were outside who were not very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Booked following good Trip Adviser reviews and because it was the half-way point on our journey to west Wales and a family holiday. Very warm welcome made us feel like we had visited many times, not just for the first time. Enjoyed a cool drink in the lovely garden on a very warm day before going to our room. Excellent room, massive, comfy bed and lovely old furniture, just right for the hotel. We enjoyed a very good meal in the conservatory and were pleasantly surprised that our dog was welcome to join us. Unfortunately our dog was ill during the night so we missed our cooked breakfast as we were outside trying to contact local vets at 7:00 am however the hotel owners pitched in with the telephone number and provided tea, coffee and toast for our unplanned picnic breakfast.
Thankfully, following the visit to the vets our dog made a quick and full recovery so we were able to continue on our way.
Can thoroughly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back as you could not find a friendlier hotel anywhere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 6 in Llanwrtyd Wells
The Fforest Inn
The Fforest Inn
#1 of 2 in New Radnor

Been to The Cammarch Hotel? Share your experiences!