“Good quality food”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a meal here in the courtyard. Service was very efficient and helpful. The food was excellent. I assume the burger was homemade: if it wasn't it fooled me. It was really very good indeed.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We must have eaten at The Horse & Jockey 50+ times over the last 4 years or so. On those visits I would guess we have enjoyed 45 '5 star' meals & 5 '4 star' ones - that can't be bad can it?!!

Relaxed & friendly atmosphere. Great service. Effort that never seems to dip or lack enthusiasm. if there is a problem (rare) - they just sort it with a smile.

The food standard is amazingly consistent. If I have one small negative it would be that I can't remember when the menu last changed! They do have a specials board too but that inevitably repeats pretty frequently as well. Thing is though that they do what they do - REALLY well! Keep it up 'Horse & Jockey' - I have no doubt that you will.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very inviting pub. Charm of the village and very well maintained. Food very food with a wide range of dishes. Wonderfull character. Will return again for sure

Reviewed July 16, 2013

During our stad in Knighton, we ate heer twice. The first time the food was excellent, the service in good order. Later that week we went back, but then we were disappointed. It was too busy for the kitchen and the waiter could not coop. We even felt a little pity for him. He had to do the restaurant all by himself. And still my salmon was not that bad!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place has it all, good pizzas, good ale for myself and my wife is slowly working her way through the wines.

Lucky to have this locally, please try the pizza's. The salads must be tried on a lazy sunny afternoon they are fresh and good value.