“Amazing!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carno
Dwr Y Felin Log Cabins
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We have stayed in other log cabins but these are stunning!! With personal hot tub to boot.
Pictures on internet do not do it justice!!
Immaculate in everyway outstanding value for money the complete peace and quiet alone was worth it.
If we had to rate the log cabin it would be 10/10 + it's so clean but cosy very warm with heated flooring and you can see the attention to detail and the love it's taken to create such beautiful cabins.
Sarah & Hugh the owners have really created something beautiful. We met Sarah on arrival who is very welcoming and goes the extra mile with home cooked cake and flowers waiting for you along with a pleasant warm welcoming manner. Quiet simply these cabins are stunning !! With luxurious touches all around eg sauna showers with tv installed . Cabins come so well equipped you will not want for anything .
I personally can't wait to return for a lovely peaceful retreat .

There is one thing I will say is that if your looking for things to do you may have to travel say 40 mins by car as there really isn't anything local apart from a spar shop and pub . But if your after relaxation and peace in luxury you've found it!!!.

The cabins also boast a service of massage on request a lady will come out for a standard charge for Indian head massage back etc and reiki .

Shopping can also be delivered from tesco direct to your cabin .

So in short.. Peaceful , tranquil , perfection in total luxury a definite 10/10 +

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Wifey2013

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend spent the weekend at Ty afal, even though the weather was rubbish we had a great time in the log cabin. It was so well designed, it had everything we needed. Hot tub was the highlight of the holiday it was so relaxing! Would recommend this place to anyone, I will be coming back in the summer.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you're looking for peace, quiet and luxury in spectacular surroundings then look no further - Dwr Y Feelin is the place for you. We drove 565 miles from the far north of Scotland because we've been speaking about visiting Wales for years and we certainly weren't disappointed. The cabins are stunning - there's no other word for them - every detail has been carefully thought out and beautifully done. Sarah and Hugh are warm friendly folk who have worked hard to create some very special cabins in a very special place. The hot tub was a big hit with the kids but the upstairs balcony with it's uninterrupted views of the Welsh countryside was a big hit with the adults (with a glass of wine to complete the picture). The litmus test for any holiday destination is "Would you go back ?" - that's easy - Yes Yes Yes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Whassigo
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This really was a perfect holiday in every way, the cabins have been thought out so well that there is everything any family could possibly need. Perfect location, perfect accommodation and the hot tub is amazing, we will definately be rebooking this cabin. Louise and Barry.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 213louiset
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My partner and I have stayed at Dwr Y Felin twice so far (for a week each time) and have already booked our third visit there. We've stayed at a number of log cabins/lodges with hot tubs over the last couple of years and this place really is in a class of it's own, I'm always so sad when I have to leave!

Sarah and Hugh always provide such a warm welcome and are always more than happy to recommend places to visit etc. On both occasions we have taken advantage of the Tesco delivery service, which makes it such a relaxing start to the holiday and means you can get into the hot tub even quicker. The hot tub is the largest and best that we have been in and the scenery is outstanding, no matter what the weather is. I could sit in there for hours just taking in the surroundings with a glass of something nice (there are plastic glasses provided).

Everything you could possibly need for a self catering holiday is provided and everything in the log cabins is of high quality. A lot of thought, love and care has been put into these log cabins and it really does show, I could quite happily live there!

It's in a perfect location to visit so many different places, we have great difficulty sometimes deciding where to go for the day. Quite often we've just ended up staying in for the day though as it's so relaxing. There are plenty of places to visit if you're energetic or just want to chill out.

I'm not generally in the habit of returning time after time to the same place, but Dwr Y Felin is in a class of it's own and it's difficult to really put into words just how special this place is - you'll just have to go there yourself to find out! I'm already counting down to our next visit in June - can't wait!

Room Tip: We stay in Ty Peren but all of the log cabins are of the same high standard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RSJ15
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great few days;
cabin brilliantly equipped, spotlessly maintained and in a peaceful and tranquil location.
Kids had a ball; hot tub in the snow, telly in the shower/ sauna - gave Kerry and I a bit of peace!!!

Recommended to my sister and family, they're going for Easter, we'll be back in summer.

Thanks Sarah - helpful throughout.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ramon M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Its taken a while to get around to writing this review, but my fiance and I often talk about what a fantastic place Dwr Y Felin Log Cabins are and what a great time we had.

It takes a lot to relax me as I'm an energetic person but our midweek break in one of the cabins was probably the most 'chilled' I've been for a long time!!! It really is a wonderful place and as a business the cabins are ran to absolute perfection!! Everything is thought about as stated in other reviews.

It is a good base to discover Mid Wales if you can drag yourself away from the log cabins, we went to Clywedog Reservoir, Lake Vyrnwy, Aberystwyth and Devils Bridge which were all lovely places to visit.

We ordered all our food and drink for our stay from Tesco online and it arrived on time about 30 minutes after we arrived, we were then able to cook some food and have a glass of wine (using plastic cups provided) in the hot tub!!

We enjoyed most evenings in the hot tub, it was cold outside but it didn't matter one bit sitting there looking at the stars!! The Cabin was spotless and so homely, there were interesting books dotted around the cabin and we enjoyed the little touches like the board games, chocolates, local information, welsh cakes and every kitchen utensil you could think off. I really can't recommend the place enough, I can't find one fault, I really can't!

We don't go back to the same places as the world is too big, most places are never as good second time around. If we had to return to one place we have been to in the UK, it would most definitely be Dwr Felin Log Cabins, I'm confident it would be just as good second time around!!!

Thank you for a wonderful break!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VolcanoV
fairlady13, Owner at Dwr Y Felin Log Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Hugh and I appreciate your time in writing this lovely review - thank you very much. We are pleased your stay in Ty Afal was all you expected and more!

Been to Dwr Y Felin Log Cabins? Share your experiences!