“Eclectic dinner”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laugharne
The Cors Restaurant & Rooms
Ranked #5 of 15 Laugharne B&B and Inns
Brighton UK
“Eclectic dinner”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Superb evening meal set within an amazing "arty" décor. Service was laid back and in keeping with the whole setting. Took us a little while to identify the building as no sign on the front wall - only recognised it from the photos on the web of the garden.

1 Thank lizzie3010

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oro Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

During our visit to Laugharne, we had the pleasure of having dinner at The Cors Restaurant. Our friends had booked the table weeks in advance (suggested) and the four of us enjoyed a delightful culinary experience ... from starters to dessert. I recommend the Welsh Lamb.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Food...Fab
Gardens...Fab
Location...Fab

Weather... : (

All in all....I liked it!

The endorsement so eloquently expressed by Estellewales sums up my, and my partners, feelings for the place. An absolute gem to which we will be returning..Had doubts about extolling its virtues in case I can't get booked in once its discovery is more public!

2 Thank Ron J
Wales
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had the good fortune to choose The Cors Restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary on Saturday June 1st. From the moment we entered the driveway which leads to the house we knew we had discovered a little gem.
The gardens are so welcoming and radiate tranquillity, a place to relax and enjoy life.
The Victorian house just oozes character and it doesn’t stop there. When entering we were warmly greeted and shown to the bar area where we indulged in a pre- dinner drink.
We were then asked if we would like to choose our table and were given plenty of time to select from the exceptionally well balanced menu. You don’t have to wade through oodles of starters and mains in what is a very select menu. A lot of time and thought has been given to the menu and the prices are excellent.
The dining room has a quirky romantic atmosphere and this is mainly due to the marrying of old and new resulting in a perfect and unique blend.
The food is exquisite and the presentation is perfect. It is simple and elegant. Now we come on to the owner and staff without whom this place would be lost. It is Nick’s charm and personality and enthusiasm for everything, washes over and infects you. His artistic prowess is evident in the garden, the décor and in the menu.
This is all complimented by Adam, Nick’s brother whose smile lights up the room. He is so gracious and eager to ensure you have a memorable evening.(which we did). Nick’s extended family who help him in the restaurant are gold plated assets and make The Cors magical.
As Arnie would say not “I’ll be back” but “We’ll be back”.
The Cors Am Byth and for those who don’t speak Welsh The Cors For Ever.
By the way we are from Swansea

4 Thank estellewales
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Well, what can I say? The approach to the Cors is lovely. The gardens are beautiful, and it really set the expectations high. Which can sometimes be a bad thing, but not here. The food was outstanding and bettered all the expectations set by the wonderful surroundings. I had the lamb as my main course, and it was the best lamb I'd ever had. Tender, full of flavour and seasoned to perfection. The atmosphere inside the building was very nice and it felt like home. Everyone was very friendly, especially Nick whose attention to detail and customer care really stood out from other restaurants I've visited.

We stayed in a room with a view of the garden, which never got old. Each time I looked out of my window I loved it.

If you've never been before, I really recommend you give this place a try, you will not be disappointed. If you have been before, then I don't need to tell you how good this place is!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank H09S03N
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a romantic night out here. The food is faultless including the vegetarian options. The ambience is warm and romantic with an edgy twist. Music is great. Good value for quality. Substantial portions. Amazing stick toffee pudding and delicious coffee.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank GoodFood2011
Aberdare, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you'e in Laughrne, this restaurant is a must. The magic begins as soon as you enter the winding driveway where you feel totally dwarfed by the huge tree ferns. In darkness the house invites with a warm embrace . The decor is beautiful , and the garlic infused atmosphere was reflective of our earlier, earthy woodland walk. The aromas from the kitchen were mouthwatering and the salt marsh lamb with potato dauphinoise, baby carrots ,mange tout and local bread and butter, nicely washed down with a heady bottle of red were to die for and worth every penny. Portion sizes were generous, so much so that half of my dinner ended up on my husbands plate ( to his approval needless to add). My only regret was I was too full to eat any pudding!! I live to regret not going for the Sticky tofee pudding.... Will need to go again to satisfy the need.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cathw00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laugharne
Grove of Narberth
#1 of 15 in Laugharne
The Corran Resort & Spa
The Corran Resort & Spa
#2 of 15 in Laugharne

Been to The Cors Restaurant & Rooms? Share your experiences!