The Corran Resort & Spa
Agoda.com
The Brown's(Laugharne)
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon tearelaxation roomthe main housespiral staircasegreat barnon arrivalmy partnerfull body massagescallopscorran resortthe penthouseunderfloor heatingsteam room was out of orderconverted barnrestaurant staffmini moonmezzanine bedroom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

NEED A RESTORATIVE RETREAT! Well that is exactly what I got with bells on. Menu choices with good fresh fish menu as well! fabulous service from a very happy team with great enthusiasm for what they are doing. I must add that when I booked to stay I found out the bathroom was not on the same level as the bedroom and I recently had a knee replacement. I did panic for a while. When I rang about my concerns the attention to detail was excellent This is a peaceful laid back environment whatever the weather. Some great walking nearby which I couldn't do but my partner took photos for me and came back with stories of Dylan Thomas and the locals. Both had excellent massages and facials to top off the retreat experience. Tip;Book to eat at hotel as not much happening locally. Wine menu very reasonable.I hope this will encourage other travellers to take a retreat at the Corran as I would like it to still be there next time I need them!

Room Tip: The rooms all seem to be high quality furnishings with quality beds and bedding. Our room had a fabulous lounge near the front door so was a bit noisy but we turned up the volume and snuggled down in the most wonderful large sofa I have seen. Bedroom not next to door so we had no issues. Nice view across the fields to the estuary with sheep and horses. Room 5.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was surprised by my lovely husband for a weekend away to this beautiful spa resort for 2 nights.
We arrived saturday 22nd June on my actual Birthday from London so a good 3.5 hours drive.
When we got there, we were welcomed by a lovely lady i forgot her name and she was so helpful and checked us in straight away and gave us the tonights special menu.

When walked into our room, all i could say is that it was AMAZING!! such a beautiful room, we stayed in number 9 the Byne. The room was massive with a kingsize bed and a mixture of contemporary mixed with medieval times.

When we had dinner the first night, they made it so special for me and laid out baloons as it was my Birthday and gave me a lovely birthday dessert, and started singing happy birthday!

I highly recommend this place if you just want to relax and do nothing for a weekend, from busy life:) also the spa facilities and jacuzzi was amazing.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having experience of this venue over many years, I was quite happy to take along my best buddy Denny to share my birthday treat. The three course Sunday lunch was good value as each course was served efficiently by cheerful staff. I hasten to add the meal was delicious, and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to guests who are looking for a superb location in peaceful surroundings.
The majority of reviewers have spoken enthusiastically about the design and the comfortable seating throughout, but for me the highlight is the friendly staff led by the manager Nick, who proved to be helpful without being over fussy. Finally many thanks go to receptionist Jody for being so sweet and welcoming.

1  Thank westaustralianaus
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyable. Great service, lovely surroundings and a delicious lunch. The three courses were well cooked & presented. We felt it was excellent value for money. We often visit this area so we will be back again very soon!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a sumptuous suite the decor being a novel mix of old rustic and new.
The hotel is a pleasing setting being made from old farm buildings sympathetically resorted.
The restaurant has a nice view across the gardens. The staff in the restaurant were very attentive without being overbearing , Rui ( Portuguese) and James found time to make you feel welcome and ensured that we were completely satisfied.
As a base for exploring locally it was refreshing to return each night to the peace and quiet of the hotel.

Well done all the staff.

1  Thank bristol-dj