“If 1940's, WWII and the whole era is your bag, then you will love this!”

Tin Shed Experience
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Laugharne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tin Shed Experience is a second hand tin sheeted museum housing a collection of items from 1914-45 and wartime items including some film memorabilia and props. We have an Anderson Shelter and a 1930's workmans cottage. Over the years we have developed links with historical film and television productions such as 'Band of Brothers' and 'Saving Private Ryan'. We are also a quirky semi outdoor / undercover area for events. ********************************************************************** We are closed all days on Monday's and Tuesdays Reopen on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and Saturday at 11am and last entry is at 4.30pm. Sunday we open at 1pm and last entry is at 4.30pm * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Admission Fee General Admission £3 Family 2 Adults 2 Children £10 WW2 Veterans FREE Director Seimon Pugh-Jones 07974 106 157 Events Co-ordinator Min Evans 0781 696 0268 *Museum may close occasionally to cater for special events. Please check our facebook page & website regularly for details & phone to double check our availability before travelling. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during these times * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH NO LIABILITY TO THE WEB PAGE CREATOR OR THE TIN SHED EXPERIENCE PLEASE PHONE TO DOUBLE CHECK THAT WE ARE OPEN BEFORE TRAVELING TO VISIT US. ******************************
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The tin shed is as quirky as Laugharne, and so fits right in! The tin shed is definitely an experience, and is full of amazing displays from the era......The "Shed Heads" as they are affectionately known locally really have a wealth of exhibits and knowledge, and it really is a fascinating place.

If you liked "Band of Brothers" you might like to know that one of the owners took the photos for it!

Andrew was an armorer for the MoD @ Pendine, so what he does not know about guns fits on a stamp.

Next time you "get off a bus" and come to Laugharne, make sure you visit the Tin Shed....

http://www.tinshedexperience.co.uk/photos.html will give you a flavour, but you need to "feel the shed" to really get an idea.....

5  Thank TyCastel

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were shown round by Seimon and Andrew, whose enthusiasm for their subject was infectious. There were displays of WW1 and WW2 memorabilia, including military and "The Home Fron"t. There was even an Anderson shelter and a 1940s workmans' cottage in the garden. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank acol56
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Well what a stunning find.
After a sad and depressing start to a weekend visit looking for wedding venues we went for a wander around the town of Laugharne.
We walked up to the church and passed a closed 1940's museum based in a tin shed!
One of the owners spotted us mulling around outside and opened up for us (out of season I might add) What a joy! The information given with the very detailed tour of the fascinating collection that Simon has amassed over the decades was second to none. We were informed of the up and coming projects for the museum and I have to say I am looking forward to coming back again to see how things develop here. Wonder if I will smell the tobacco or hear the bell ring next visit.
This place was not what was I was expecting when I was standing outside this green tin shed. GO AND SEE FOR YOURSELVES WHAT A FANTASTIC AND WELCOMING PLACE THIS IS.
We left Laugharne with a smile on our faces and thoughts of an alternative wedding idea. Thank you and good luck to you all in your endeavours.

4  Thank franklydoesit_12
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I visited The Tin shed a few weeks ago.
Well Done everyone involved in this project. It is just amazing. I spent a long time there chatting with Simon and another visitor who was SO interesting to chat to. I loved it and wish this worthy project; which is ongoing all the best. I look forward to my second visit when next in Carmarthenshire . I hope that there will be more signs - I almost missed it.
People who go down to the castle area may well miss this wonderful place of memories.

4  Thank donkeylover8
Reviewed August 9, 2011

a great place to visit, The guys, and ladies, behind the Museum have some great plans so worth visiting a few times to see it develop.
Tony and Angela.