“Quiet weekend”

Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in St. Davids
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place for a short break however when we opened the door to our room we where greeted by an unpleasant niff coming from the bathroom so luckily it was a warm night and leaving the window wide open helped. The room could do with a little investment as it was looking a bit tired and little things like the pullcords in the bathroom where tied in knots and dirty but the room was otherwise clean and the bed's where comfortable. The food is good but like the room maybe a little overpriced.staff are friendly and helpful all in all ok for a short stay but I have stayed in much nicer places for the same money.the local area is ideal for whatever kind of break you are after.

GroveStDavids, General Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Investment into the Grove is being planned at the minute. So please watch this space for updates.

I am glad you enjoyed your food with us and the Team made you feel welcome and you enjoyed.

Hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights and ate most of our meals here because the food was so good. Very accomodating -early continental breakfast for our early starts and even managed to make a "lemon, lime and bitters" -an Australian drink for us.

GroveStDavids, General Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It was really nice having your party stay with us. I am really glad we could give you a little taste of home with the drink.

Hopefully we will see you next time your in the UK.

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Upon seeing the nice outdoor seating on a lovely warm day, Wednesday 6th June,myself, my daughter and mother-in-law decided we would have a nice cold drink and lunch. I went inside to fetch menus, I asked the barman if I needed to come back in to place the orders, he told me that he woukd be with us in a few minutes to take the orders. After deliberating over the menu for some time I went back to the bar to place the order otherwise we would be there for dinner service!! After a good half hour wait, the food came, we had ordered the "posh fish finger sandwich" with a side order of chips!! There were 4 chips!! I kid you not!! The cutlery was dirty, I had to ask for them to be replaced by the sweaty, uninterested waiter!!The Sandwich had such thick, dry bread, plastered in tartare sauce which I had to scrape off, the goujons were cold and tastless, birds eye fish fingers would have been a tastier option. The waiter appeared again by the door faning himself by pulling his shirt out from his trousers, I aske for 1 pint and a half, only the half turned up, had to ask again!! The wastages on our plates spoke for themselves, it was simply awful for a basic lunch, the nearest drive thru in Haverfordwest would have served better food!! Shall not be going back to the Grove in St David's - poor food with even poorer service!!Yuk

GroveStDavids, General Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to The Grove Hotel.

If you would like to give me a call at your earliest convenience on 01437 720341 or alternatively email me at grove@sabrain.com, so that we can discuss your issues in a bit more detail and hopefully resolve them.

Best wishes

Rob Dymond

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this very friendly and comfortable hotel. The manager and other staff were very friendly and kind. The rooms are comfortable and the menu very good value with a good choice of dishes.
I would definitely recommend this to friends and it is very convenient for Visiting this beautiful place and coastline.

GroveStDavids, General Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thank you for leaving such a nice review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the Team made you feel welcome.

I will pass your comments on about the food to the kitchen team.

Hopefully we will see you again soon

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

The Grove made a convenient place for a family meal on Saturday evening at end of half term. Could park there and got a table without booking (but I suspect it gets busier in July/August). Nice conservatory room and attentive and friendly staff. Very decent fish and chips and our 8 year old son was more than happy with his garlic bread starter and burger main course which btw were generous kids portions. While he scoffed ice cream, we found the coffee with mini dessert option very reasonable at under a fiver (the brownie with caramel ice cream was actually not that small and was delicious). Can’t comment on higher end menu options or as a special occasion venue but we thought it was good value and spot on for this visit.

GroveStDavids, General Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am glad to hear you enjoy you time at the Grove, and its always nice to hear good feedback on the team. I will make sure this is passed on to them.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your food also, the Kitchen Team will be very happy to know.

Hopefully we will see you soon.