“New Years Eve”

Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in St. Davids
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed celebrating New Years Eve at The Grove in a relaxed, informal environment with brilliant food and excellent service from Michelle

There are newer reviews for The Grove

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is my local, we would often pop in for a glass/ bottle of wine, Noel, The bar man is fantastic. My neighbour, who is my drinking buddy, had booked a new years eve party here to celebrate her 50th, this was made early 2012, in the autumn of 2012 the new managers arrived, their attitude to my neighbours party was "off handed" to say the least, I even had to intervene as my neighbour had been so upset with the arrangements that the "new Manager" was trying to put on her; ie £5.00 for a bacon roll per head for a party for 35!!!!!! eventually we agreed to a "funeral buffet" for £6.00 per head, with lots of stipulations added. at this point it is now nearly Christmas, and if we could have cancelled the party at this short of notice we would have, but all invites ect had been put out. So here we are at our return from the party, At my house just now, myself, the party lady and others have been in tears at our treatment!!!!! The party it self was fine, seeing as we were the majority of the trade that night, (I counted 4 tables of 2 at the most), we were surprised that at 12.30, the lights were abruptly turned off in the bar, this meant that items such as shoes, i pod (we provided our own music), TV,(we provided our own children's entertainment via films), phones, bags, ect could not be located as we couldn't see!!!! 3 times I asked if the lights could be put back on! eventually, Michelle,(not sure of title) came around the bar, finger wagged at me, saying it was the first time she had been asked for the lights to be turned back on (Really hostile, you need to have a look at your customer service!!!) !!!! Hello! there are still customers here needing to find their stuff (including children!!!)!!!!! What has most upset me, is Michelle's and Celia's (manageress) attitude, lets face it, the Grove has never been known for great food, but for us locals, who live a few yards away, it was a great place to go and until the new management, a really friendly place to go. I will not have someone wag their finger at me and shout because, well actually, we don't really know why! we, the whole party, are objecting to being treated in such a hostile manor! I am sure the "management will have plenty to reply to this, they can say what they like, we are people who have supported them from when Brains first took over, all I can say now is I will NEVER step foot in there again, and would plead with people NOT to have any functions there again, this is coming from a local, this is really ONE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

8  Thank stdavidsselfcatering
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate in the Grove on two seperate occasions over the 2012 Christmas period. The hotel and restaurant is situated just outside of the town centre ,has a large car park and well kept grounds.
You have a choice of eatng close to the bar or if you prefer in the restaurant area, and both are spotlessly clean with well presented tables and furnishings. We ate from the bar menu one lunch time and then from the restaurant menu on one evening, and there was a good choice of steaks, fish and other assorted foods. Five of our party ordered scollops in the restaurant, only to be told later that they had run out, so that was a little disappointing. However our food was very well presented, hot and delicious! Also the bar staff, and waitress were excellent and did their best to be polite, curteous, and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend the Grove to any one!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Am reviewing as a Bed and Breakfast guest. We had been battered by the gales in November and had an extra night stay here. Food was great, thought the breakfast selection was fantastic and the evening menu was lovely too. Staff were the best facet, courteous and attentive! Rooms were really nice, not flash but you felt homely and there were nice touches here and there. The centre of St Davids 3 minutes walk and all the beer you can drink (plus a Costa on site!!).

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had a good meal, nice conservatory area very pleasant to sit in.Staff very attentive. Would definatly eat there again if in the area.