“Angela went out of her way to accommodate our every need-we will continue to stay here for all future visits.”

Plantation Oaks Suites & Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Millington
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel in the past but our needs continually changed this time and necessitated at least two extensions. Even during a high occupancy period (Busloads of Baseball teams) Angela McCoy did a balancing act to accommodate us and was successful each and every time. In my opinion, Angela McCoy is a huge asset to Plantation Oaks Suites & Inn. If bonuses or additional compensation is part of your policy, I would certainly recommend her.

Lynda Spears

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2011

As a solo, female driver traveling with a large 100 lb. labrador I was having difficulty finding a safe and large-dog friendly hotel in the Memphis area. Based on the recommendations on trip advisor, I made a reservation at the Admirality of Plantation Oaks. I found all of the staff to be extremely friendly and good-hearted. The hotel was good. The room wasn't spectacular but was clean and functional and suited my purposes. Also, I felt very safe and the proximity to the Naval Base and restaurants was hard to pass up.

The hotel has a huge open lot behind it that was ideal for my dog to run around. I admit I was a tad upset at the extravagent $40 one-time "pet fee" the hotel charged me at check-in that the reservation agent had failed to mention when I made the reservation. Coupled with high TN tax, it came out to an additional $45 in charges that I did not expect. I felt the fee was exceptionally high ( thus my 2 star rating for "value") considering my lab slept on a blanket in the corner. Also, the "hot" breakfast consisted of a waffle maker and some crock pot sausages which resulted in me ending up at McDonald's for breakfast.

That being said, I am thankful that the hotel was big dog friendly, the staff were exceptionally nice and it was nice feeling "safe" traveling along. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MelnScott
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I arrived in Memphis with my family on a very hot summer Sunday afternoon . We all were very weary from our 700 mile trip . We were on a mission to save the life of our precious baby girl , Bree . She had been diagnosised with a brain tumor on 4 weeks earlier . We had spent those weeks 250 miles from home for her three brain surgeries . We were given very little hope and arrived seeking a miracle . I am certain that God led us to Plantation Oaks for a reprive from our despair . The staff opened the doors and their hearts . We were showered with their christian love and gained the strength we needed to continue our fight . Words cannot express our deep gratitude for each and everyone of them . The manager Angela McCoy and all of her staff made a difference in the most difficult days of our life . May God bless all there

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The staff was excellent. On site laundry helped with a baseball tourney that required a large amt of washing. A large family reunion came in that was "rowdy" to say the least , but they handled it well.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank baseballmom40
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Plantation Oaks has both standard rooms and efficiency suites, perfect for teams traveling to Millington for baseball tournaments at USA Baseball Stadium. Angie coordinated all our arrangements and saw to it our stay was well attended to. The staff ensured the buffet breakfast was ready in time before our morning games. The lobby is large and was a good place for the parents to congregate and play cards. Our rooms were cleaned daily despite the challenges of a high school baseball team! The staff were also very accomodating for our needs for additional towels during the hot Memphis summer!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. Very spacious. Very clean. The front desk staff go out of their way to help. Has a full kitchen that we didn't use. You will hear the highway traffic, but it isn't a huge distraction. The breakfast is good. There are places on the walls where people have made knicks scuffs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We were in Memphis for an AAU National Basketball Tournament and stayed at Plantation Oaks with a group of 40 people. The rooms were clean and well appointed and the staff was courteous and attentive. There is a very good Italian Restaurant right next door and a number of chain restaurants right down the street. They have a well maintained outdoor pool and nicely landscaped grounds.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millington
Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
#54 of 138 in Memphis
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 8 in Millington

Been to Plantation Oaks Suites & Inn? Share your experiences!