Coach House Hotel
$105
$102
Travelocity
$98
Travelodge Pembroke Dock(Pembroke Dock)(Great Value!)
$70
Slebech Park(Haverfordwest)
$107
$94
$185
Cleddau Bridge Hotel(Pembroke Dock)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspower showerlovely walkstay there againpembroke castlefood cookedate an evening mealroom was spotlessly cleanfull englishmeal timeshotel is excellentspecials boardmain streeta ground floor roombreakfast staffstaff were lovelybreakfast was excellentlovely place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice hotel, though it looks like lots of building work is going on. We stayed in a studio apartment which was a huge set of rooms. The bed was huge also and initially very comfortable, though turned out to be too soft for me after a nights sleep (as I had a sore back after). One down side was that the heating was off initially making the rooms cold, though this was quickly sorted out by one of the helpful staff. The rooms were in the apex of the roof, and a tall man (taller than about 5' 9"") might struggle with where the toilet was placed(!) and who ever placed the loo roll holder clearly didn't think about what its purpose was!! All the staff were very friendly & helpful. The room key was on a silly hockey ball, making it impossible to put in a pocket, but maybe that was the point. Full English breakfast was huge. If I have any complaint it was because the restaurant had all the xmas decorations up (on 5th November!!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was having a beast of a journey and expected to arrive after the normal check in deadline. No problem. Reception staff arranged for me to still be able to access the hotel and my reserved room although, eventually, this wasn't needed. The following night I needed to take a front door key as I would be returning after midnight. There were no issues of room key security as mentioned in another review since, again, reception staff ensured that it could only be accessed by myself even though reception would be unmanned at that hour. By the way, reception staff are also bar staff (adjoins reception) so if they are not in one place they will be in the other. It's not hard to find someone quickly and they are very helpful.

Rooms are well furnished and the bed was comfortable. So many times I have slept on beds like concrete which have not been kind to old bones but not this time. It was bliss. The shower was adequate and, when the room was serviced, towels were replaced after only one use which I felt was unnecessary. Perhaps guests could be given the option?

It's true that noise is easily heard from adjoining rooms but it would be very hard to completely sound proof a medieval coaching inn. Floorboards will creak and fire doors are notoriously heavy and prone to close noisily. If you stay here it will be for the wonderful atmosphere, comfortable rooms and the friendly staff for whom nothing seems too much trouble.

Room Tip: Rooms to the left of the building (as viewed from the street) will be quieter if one is concerned about disturbance from the kitchen/service areas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank B E L
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Upon on arrival, advised by reception to take a front door key if I was expected to return after 11. We didn't plan to be but took one anyway. Just as well, we arrived back at 10:15pm, nobody around and all locked up. The bar was all shut and everything in darkness. As you can't take your room key out with you (attached to a large ball) we assumed the front door key also gained entry to the room, to our surprise, we found our room key on reception where anyone could have taken it and gone into the room.
Nobody was around in the morning in reception when we went to leave to complain.....we didn't leave early, it was 09:30.
The rooms have paper thin walls or the person next door snored very loudly. The floor boards in the corridors and nearby rooms all creak so it is quite noisy.
The bedding didn't seem fresh, didn't smell clean and feel crisp and fresh.
On a positive note though, the food was good in the restaurant and this includes the breakfast. The full breakfast is huge and I didn't eat anything from 08:30 until very late in the afternoon.
The staff were very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a birthday meal here for 12 in August and had a great time. The restaurant was full, all our meals were hot and lovely and coped with being busy very well. I have often eaten here and have always had lovely meals. The staff were friendly and the meals were all very nice. I will definitely be going back. Very good value for your money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank michele w
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights. Arrived just after 2pm and weren't able to book in till 3 so went into town for a stroll and a bite to eat.
The room was comfortable and well furnished; the bed was enormous, the bathroom was a little tired looking but serviceable although a proper toilet roll holder would have been so much easier than the dodgy dispenser that seemed reluctant to give up the goods! Tea, coffee and milk were replenished every day along with a bottle of water each which was a lovely touch.
I found the first night extremely noisy with folks crashing around upstairs, tvs blaring and seemingly everyone smoking and coughing loudly right outside and truthfully I barely slept and then just as I did start to drift off somebody rolled a couple of huge industrial sized wheelie bins past the window. There was also a room right on the end of the corridor with the door at a right angle right next to ours and every time that door was unlocked it sounded as if they were trying to get into our room as the huge cannon ball the key was attached to crashed into the door. The rest of the week I wore earplugs at night and was worn out enough with all the walking we did to sleeep well.
The staff were all cheerful, the breakfasts were awesome although breakfast itself was very disorganised on the 2nd morning with coffee and juices empty already when we arrived (8am) and a long wait for replenishment.
Did not like the key attached to a cannonball and did not like leaving it behind the desk every time we went out as there was hardly ever anyone on reception, I had to reach over the counter more than once to retrieve it and one time when I was balancing on my stomach feeling around under the desk someone did come and handed it to me saying "I just thought I'd watch you for a while" I thought this was rotten security as obviously I could have been any opportunist thief wandered in from outside.
The corridor to get to the room was very narrow and I apologise to any other guests staying there as it was impossible to carry our luggage down there without banging into the walls.
However, if you are using the place as a base to go walking from it is ideal as both the bus to Tenby and the coastal cruiser stop right outside and the staff were so pleasant that any drawbacks were negligable. We did not eat in the restaurant so have nothing to say about that although the specials board looked good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple