“Lovely little find”

Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Cornstore! Light lunches are served between 11.30am and 4pm, with coffees and delicious homemade cakes served all day. A limited number of tables can be reserved each day, please phone to book. Outdoor seating with an amazing view of Pembroke Castle. Parking is available at the rear of the building
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely little find”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We happened to be looking for somewhere to eat in pembroke when I remembered my mum telling me that I should try out the corn store. I wasn't disappointed. I fancied a panini an when I saw Brie and cranberry on the menu my mind was easily made up. But being a vegetarian there was limited choices. My boyfriend had the homemade burger off the specials menu and thoroughly enjoyed.

The cake display caught our eye on the way out an we couldn't resist so we got some to take away. I had the strawberry cheesecake which was one of the best that I've ever tried! And my boyfriend had the coconut and pineapple cake? Something which I didn't think that I would enjoy but a spoonful soon changed mind!

The only downfall was that the staff could of been a bit chirpier. We will be returning!

• Visited September 2013
kitty240dill, Catering manager at The Cornstore, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for your recent review of the Cornstore! Glad you enjoyed your lunch and cakes - pineapple & coconut cake is the Hummingbird! Hope to see you again soon.

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Best cake in Pembrokeshire”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Always visit when on holiday in Pembrokeshire. Have never had a bad cake but the peanut butter brownie is to die for [nearly bought the whole tray) Coffee and hot chocolate lovely too and the shop fantastic for a wander. Would really recommend.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sumersetsez
kitty240dill, Catering manager at The Cornstore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent recommendation. The brownie recipe is one of our most closely guarded secrets!
Hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Good cake!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is at a nice location at the quay next to the castle. The raspberry and coconut cake was delicious! And the paninis and local ice cream were just as nice! They have outside seating as well which is a lovely place on a sunny day.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank AKWShix
kitty240dill, Catering manager at The Cornstore, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review the Cornstore. Very pleased that you enjoyed your lunch and were able to enjoy the sunshine on the quayside. Hope to welcome you back next time you're in Pembroke!
“Yummy scrummy!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I frequent the corn store whenever in Pembroke because it has the tastiest lunches and the most wonderful cakes ever!!! They will also do a plain ham sandwich with crisps and cherry tomatoes if asked for, which is perfect for my 4 year old, who also absolutely loves the divine chocolate cake! You would be mad not to try any one of the cheesecakes!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Noodledoodle13
Hello and thanks for your lovely review! Although we don't have a children's menu we always try to offer smaller portions from our main menu where possible. Hope to see you again when you're next in the area!
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Belated thanks for a wonderful lunch”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Found ourselves in Pembroke whilst visiting family and parked down by the Castle, Looking for lunch that was going to be memorable rather than "the usual" our eyes were drawn to the Cornstore. After a pleasant stroll across the river we found ourselves with a choice of sitting in the quaint cool interior or outside with lovely views of the water and the castle. With the weather on our side we opted for the outside and enjoyed the setting, Everywhere was clean and tidy and we quickly fell into relaxed mode. Service was pleasant and prompt and coffee and the lunch menu was well received and tasty especially the mackerel pate. Will definitely be calling in again on our next visit to Pembroke.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Yalem55
kitty240dill, Catering manager at The Cornstore, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Cornstore! Very pleased that you enjoyed your lunch and that you were able to take advantage of the views from the quayside. Hope to see you again next time you visit Pembroke.