“A one night stay was very 'more-ish' !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pembroke
Penfro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Pembroke B&B and Inns
Easton, Maryland
“A one night stay was very 'more-ish' !”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Two of my daughters and I had just completed the first 60 miles of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and Penfro was our last night's stay.The welcome we received was warm; the rooms were comfortable, pretty and inviting. Next morning we enjoyed a tasty breakfast, cooked to order , and lively conversation with Judith who even prepared a dish for my third daughter who had driven all the way from Wilts. to collect us. You can't get much better than that ! Which , to me, makes Penfro a place one wants to return to ... and perhaps linger a bit longer next time.
Nancy (Sian) Kelly, Easton,MD , USA

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sianbeatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Headcorn Kent
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here only one night, as we were walking the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, but. Wish we could have stayed longer. As others have said, this is a truly wonderful house and Judith explained that it was the Earl of Cawdor's town house. It really is a splendid mansion but Judith has made it homely and extremely comfortable while retaining all its original splendour. Our room was huge, with an en suite bath and vintage loo. Everything was special and thoughtfully done and, as others have said, we felt as if we were honoured friends.
Judith cooked breakfast in the lovely kitchen and we enjoyed chatting and laughing while she did so.
A life without a visit to Penfro is a life half lived!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moominskaya
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hostess was very warm and chatty. The accommodation and service were excellent too. As a cyclist she understood my needs and staying here was evrything a weary cyclist needed after a long day in the saddle, going up and down, up and down, up and down... all the hills of Pembrokeshire.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank adrian k
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When i was looking for b&b in Pembrokeshire there was no question which one to choose. Penfro looked fantastic on the pictures. But let me tell you, no picture , or any review , can describe what we experienced there. We booked the Burgundy room, and let me be completely frank , i have never stayed in the room that was as beautiful or special. Every little detail in the room , as in the whole house tells the story . Room was HUGE, and extremely cozy. Oh, and the bathtub thats sitting in the room itself? Purely amazing. Together with some candles and vintage record player with jazz really made for a very romantic time together. The whole house feels like a very cozy museum where you could easily spend a day just looking at all the things and decorations , it is that amazing. Food was epic. Forget about fake "organic" stuff your supermarket promises to deliver. Judith - the genius behind Penfro B&B gets her eggs and sausages from the local farm, makes her own jam for the toasts and cooks your breakfast in the old victorian oven. I will never forget the taste of those scrambled eggs with sausages. Epic.
However me and my girlfriend went there to celebrate her 25th birthday so i wanted to make it a little bit more special. All wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for Judith. We chatted a few days before arrival and came up with a few little surprises for my beloved. On her birthday first thing in the morning there was a lovely basket of fresh flowers waiting for her. She was blown away. But that wasn't it. Same day when we returned from the beach , our room was all beautifully decorated and the table with chocolate cake, chocolate covered strawberries (home made of course) and an ice bucket with champagne were waiting for our return. As i said in the beginning, no review can describe how wonderful that stay was , so i will just leave you with the quote from my girlfriend - "Thank you for the best Birthday in my life..."

• Stayed June 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I spent a night here in May 2013 while walking the Pembrokeshire coast path.

From the street, the first impression of the house is nothing special - just a normal Pembrokeshire town house. Then you go inside and are confronted with a huge hallway and a monumental staircase, and immediately realise that this is something different.

My room was large, comfortable, well heated, full of bright or "cosy" lighting options and with lots of quirky touches, like the antique (but perfectly functional) toilet in the en-suite bathroom. I was the only person staying there, so Judith allowed me to look at the two other bedrooms, and I have to say that they were equally nice, especially the huge Burgundy room with its bath right in the middle.

Breakfast is served in the kitchen, not in a separate dining room, and everyone sits at one big table. As a solo traveller I think this is a really nice idea - there is nothing worse in a B&B than six tables of one person each having breakfast, nobody talking to anyone else! The breakfast itself was excellent and cooked in front of me. Judith was lovely, chatted to me over breakfast and really made me feel like I had spent a night at a friend's house rather than some kind of cold, commercial guest house. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank neuch
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a fantastic B&B, from the welcome from Judith on arrival through to our spacious room, which was great given the travel cot we needed for the little one.

Nothing was too much trouble, the whole weekend was absolutely top notch, epitomised by the breakfasts. I'll be back for them if nothing else!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank owain_taylor
eastbourne, england
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very beautiful place, only surpassed by the warmth of the lady of the house and her excellent breakfast. TI stayed for two nights while on business in the area and would certainly return and wouls recommend it, many thanks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Coach House Hotel
#1 of 16 in Pembroke
Eaton House
Eaton House
#5 of 8 in Pembroke

Been to Penfro Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!