My partner and I stayed in a studio room for three nights in October. The setting is very pleasant and contrary to some of the reviews, it is not that difficult to find. I would agree with their petition for a brown tourist sign though. The hotel itself is compromised by the design, it is the old stable block to the house, which remains in private hands. This means that the reception is a small office, separate from the main accommodation. Parking is some way from the accommodation and the rooms are on one side of the block, with the restaurant and bar on the side by the entrance. This means that to get to your room, or the restaurant, it is necessary to walk outside, across the courtyard - not great when it is raining. We also had a wait when we arrived at reception, but the staff were otherwise helpful and friendly. The studio was quite comfortable, but the lighting was dark and there was no dressing table and mirror for my partner. The 'wet room' left something to be desired, the tiles were getting a little moldy and the shower threatened to flood. For the price, the tea and coffee, could have been better than that found in a Travel Lodge. Overall it was the little details that it down and the compromises in the design could have been forgiven if the details were right. For the deal my partner negotiated it was worth it, but I would have been less happy if I had paid the standard rate. The breakfast was good, the evening meal was less inspiring, but ok. I think it would probably be disappointing if you had driven to the hotel for a meal, but it was fair enough if you did not fancy driving to eat elsewhere and were staying in the hotel. Overall, we wouldn't go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Slebech Park in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales is a beautiful Grade II listed 18th century manor, sitting amidst 600 acres of wonderful rural scenery. The exclusive accommodation is set in a tranquil countryside area on the shores of the Daucleddau Estuary and gives you a breathtaking view over the region. The luxury Slebech Park offers 15 spacious rooms and suites in a comfortable atmosphere for weekend breaks, family holidays, business trips or special events. All bedrooms are held in a simple design and tastefully furnished. Accommodation types available at Slebech Park are standard, studio, deluxe and executive rooms, luxury and two bedroom suites, and a self-catering cottage.The comfortable Standard Rooms come with raindance shower in shower room, WiFi, TV with film and music library and king size double or twin beds. The spacious Studio Rooms feature a separate sitting area and stunning view over the area. Large Deluxe Rooms provide either a separate wet room or shower room and a lovely sight on the garden or the ruined church and the waterway. The luxury Executive Rooms offer high-tech facilities (WiFi, flat screen TV with film and music library) and a raindance shower and long bath in the spacious bathroom. The large Luxury Suite is divided into a master bedroom with radiance shower and long bath in a big wetroom, and a second bedroom with shower room. Large windows give a fabulous view on the estuary behind the ruined church. Both bedrooms are furnished with king size double or twin beds. The Luxury Suite is next to the relaxing drawing room and offers WiFi, TV with music and film library, and a private dinner on request. The Two Bedroom Suites are the right choice for a family or two couples. It features two bedrooms with king size or double/twin beds. The master bedroom includes a bathroom with separate shower room while the second bedroom has an en-suite shower room. Comfortable sitting areas and a large flat screen TV with access to the film and music library will give you a maximum of relaxation during your stay at Slebech Park. The self-catering cottage is situated at a cliff right on the shoreside and offers space for up to 4 people. Ferryman’s is a 4 star accommodation with a double room, a twin bedroom, sitting/dining area, kitchen and bathroom. You will spend undisturbed holidays in this romantic cottage at Slebech Park! Corporate facilities for business trips include a selection of meeting and conference rooms, bespoke catering by the head chef Mark Cheeseborough, a unique venue for product launches and the Harbour Room for a dinner dance with up to 200 people. The excellent Park at Slebech Restaurant serves fine seasonal menus using fresh local produce. The properties own Kitchen Garden guarantees carefully chosen ingredients for unforgettable meals. The restaurant offers brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner daily. Seasonal specials such as weekly grill nights, holiday festivities or themed dinners enjoy a great popularity among locals and visitors. Pembrokeshire offers a lot to do and see during your stay. The coastline and scenery are unique and offer tranquility and relaxation to recover from a stressful daily life. At Cardigan Bay, you can find dolphins and whales and Pembrokeshire's land wildlife includes rare animals such as Puffins, Manx Shearwaters, Guillimots, Razorbills, Short Eared Owls, Skomer Voles and Grey Seals. More than 50 forts and castles, such as Haverfordwest Castle, can be visited in the region, or enjoy an entertaining day at the Oakwood theme park or the Dinosaur Park in Tenby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Slebech Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Slebech Park Hotel Haverfordwest
- Slebech Park Haverfordwest, Wales - Pembrokeshire