“a great place spoiled”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Royal George

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haverfordwest
The Royal George
Ranked #31 of 51 Haverfordwest B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“a great place spoiled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

a lovely pub with great views. Prices are nice and cheap aswell and some good food. For those of you looking for an entertaining day out however, seek alternatives. The customer services manager has sadly let standards slide and other than the very professionally run sunday night quiz there is very little in the form of entertainment. I think he should at the very least secure Skysports on the many TV's - though i understand he is a very busy man

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Alex C

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Stroud, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at the Royal George in Oct 2011 with my wife and young daughter (4 months old) for a weekend. We loved it. Its a down-to-earth pub with a really friendly atmosphere and lovely staff. Our room was clean and fresh, and it had great views of Solva bay. We had an adjoining bathroom - but it was ours entirely so no problem, as the other rooms had their own en-suite. All linen etc was clean and fresh. We got a great cooked breakfast both mornings cooked just for us. Yes there was a dog roaming free round the house, but what a lovely old chocolate brown labrador. And he didnt come into guest rooms. The George is in a great spot because its slightly up above the main town so its got good access to local shop and cliff walks. The harbour is 5 mins down the hill. Its also got loads of easy parking. Price-wise I though it was a bargain, as the whole weekend cost us £130 including food etc. Solva is a beautiful place too. Thanks to the staff who were lovely. Its not 5-star, but it doesnt pretend to be. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Luke S
Caerleon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and i were looking forward to our short break in Solva west wales,at the Royal George.We were quite disapointed with the room, which was a little outdated.And quite cold at times because the heating was not turned on,and on times it felt damp and cold.The shower was also temperamental,and with no where to put your soap or shampoo.As for the staff they were all very nice ,as were the locals who frequented the place.The food was ok.But we ate at the Cambrian inn,at the bottom of Solva for 2 of the nights, which was superb.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

stayed here while on a walking holiday in solva, i cant say enough about this place,fantastic real ale,great pub grub,fantastic bar staff and manager,as for the locals they made us feel like one of them, also the views are to die for, we will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

As a regular visiitor to Solva in all seasons for both business and pleasure I would highly recommend The Royal George Inn. High on the hill overlooking the harbour and sea it is a pleasure to embrace the view from the rear terrace whilst nursing a quiet pint or two.
A well kept selection of ales and guest beers is served by Barry, the cheeky landlord, and his helpful and honest staff who are very accommodating. ( I once left my wallet on a table outside and it was handed in by one of the locals and returned to me the following day intact. ).
A good selection of pub grub is available at a reasonable cost and additionally a more exotic expertly cooked chinese menu is also on offer.

Just what an Inn should be, all in all a friendly place, and a pleasure to spend my time there,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

I have been a frequent visitor to Solva for many years having previously lived nearby. I go back to visit family and friends and to enjoy the beautiful coastal walks, beaches and so much more that Solva and the area has to offer. I usually stay in a local caravan but approx a year ago I first stayed at the George as the caravan park was closed for tnhe season.

I had such a fantastic time that I now stay at the George in preference to the caravan, and I have infact stayed approximately 6 or 7 times in the past 12 months. There are many reasons for this:- firstly I love the relaxed and friendly atmosphere!! I really feel that it is like home from home. The staff are all friendly and attentive and as I have got to know them better they are all real characters - Barry the landlord is excellent company, he always has time to chat and take time with you. Jane makes a wicked cooked breakfast and will keep you up to date with local news. Sophie and Michelle are just two of the friendly, professional and helpful bar staff who again make the day or evening great fun. And of you've got teenage daughters be warned - there is Oliver! Not only is he one of the best barman I have seen , biut drop dead gogeous with it - if only I was 30 years younger!

So to conclude, I have stayed at the Royal George on a number of occasions - with my teenage son and mother, with my friends, on my own and even taken my dog! I have always thoroughly enjoyed myself and always wish I could stay a little longer.The good news is that I have booked to stay again for a few days in February SO!!!!!!! - to all the Barry and all the staff at the Royal George - please dont change you are perfect just the way you are!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Scarlett080
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

Great pub, real ale, good rooms with TV, tea/coffe, dressing gowns. Fabulous views over the Solfach estuary. Even the music on the Saturday was only a small disturbance. Breakfast any time to suit. Locals, as well as all of the staff, very friendly. A real shame to have to return to normaility. The local constabulary liked it so much they decideto call in at midnight :-). Looking forward to a retunr trip

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bl_b_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverfordwest
Haroldston House Art and Accommodation
Pentigili Bed & Breakfast
Pentigili Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Carnhedryn
The Duke of Edinburgh Inn

Been to The Royal George? Share your experiences!